• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Payment frequency- Inside & Outside IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post

Um, no that would be most clutching of clutching of straws
    I suppose it may be a good indication of running a company, just one that's financially irresponsible
    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post

I suppose it may be a good indication of running a company, just one that's financially irresponsible
      Why financially irresponsible? Many companies have irregular income. There are also plenty of good companies with regular income as well so not much of a test. And indications of running a company don't mean anything IR35 wise really. It did when the old Business Entity Tests were about but not really since.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Why financially irresponsible? Many companies have irregular income. There are also plenty of good companies with regular income as well so not much of a test. And indications of running a company don't mean anything IR35 wise really. It did when the old Business Entity Tests were about but not really since.
        read further back - I was referring to deliberately holding back submitting invoices to get a fun ‘payday’ by submitting months worth at once. That’s invoking at least some risk
        ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Not even then because a IR35 tribunal would look at the contract and see how contrived it was when the contract says payment on Friday for a timesheet sent on Tuesday
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Um, no that would be most clutching of clutching of straws
            That's why I said might. Even so, the chances of being investigated are slim to none.

Comment

Working...
            X