• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Experiences of working for Big 4 Consulting?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sira View Post
    Its a Manager role so they said I may be manging/supervising some juniors, but its TBC. And they said I'd be allocated a project based on my personal interests and strengths...which is nice, if true.
    So you are inside as well then?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

So you are inside as well then?
      Yes, always these days. In my area, 95% of day rate jobs are now Inside IR35. And half of clients have blanket bans on brollies and are only offering FTC's.

Comment

I'm with a Big4 co direct at the moment on the digital side of things.

Money for old rope comes to mind, the day rate was higher than I was expecting but yes, Inside unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by ensignia View Post
          I'm with a Big4 co direct at the moment on the digital side of things.

Money for old rope comes to mind, the day rate was higher than I was expecting but yes, Inside unfortunately.
          Did you insist they supply you a laptop?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Quite the opposite, old chum.

I'm a contractor. There are still a few of us left on here...

Comment

I'll be given equipment apparently

Comment

If you are young, single with no ties and on a good rate (see previous posts concerning overtime), or late career and being ridiculously overpaid for "gravitas", I would say go for it.

IMO it's more satisfying to be client-side on multi-vendor teams opposing the consultancies / "keeping them honest".
                ‘His body, his mind and his soul are his capital, and his task in life is to invest it favourably to make a profit of himself.’ (Erich Fromm, ‘The Sane Society’, Routledge, 1991, p.138)

Comment

I was with Deloitte, outside, very good rates. But they expected me to attend Agile standup once in the morning and once in the evening . Right from day one declined evening 'standups'. Walked away giving 10 minutes notice within 3 months. There's no culture, team work etc. You will be just a resource, a number that's all.

courtg9000 has summarised it nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
                    I was with Deloitte, outside, very good rates. But they expected me to attend Agile standup once in the morning and once in the evening . Right from day one declined evening 'standups'. Walked away giving 10 minutes notice within 3 months. There's no culture, team work etc. You will be just a resource, a number that's all.

courtg9000 has summarised it nicely.
                    Interesting to see so many negative stories. I was working in-house few years back (mid-size asset manager) and we had a Deloitte consultant in 3x a week. She did 9-5.30 like the rest of us and was always joking/happy and we just worked with her as if she was one of our own in-house employees. I think it also depends on who the end client is aswell. I cant imagine an IB project being very pleasant for example.

Comment

Worked for Deloitte at a government account, was easiest job ever, outside IR35, basically doing nothing (it was government) got £650 per day and found out they charged £1650 per day for me. Next time I'll ask more.

Comment

Working...
                      X