• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Experiences of working for Big 4 Consulting?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snooky View Post

£60k over 3 months (13 weeks) is just over £4600 a week. Not to be sneezed at but very short of the "solid 5 figure payment every week" you mentioned.

Even if we're generous and round down 2 months to 8 weeks, that's still £7500 a week, which isn't 5 figures.
    Or, of course, I made a typo? Or perhaps wasn't specific about where the decimal point went? And didn't think it important enough to worry about?

In reality, not that it matters in the slightest, my average weekly over the years when engaged was around £4.5k, but I was often paid on delivery rather than day rate which rather skews the numbers.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Or, of course, I made a typo? Or perhaps wasn't specific about where the decimal point went? And didn't think it important enough to worry about?
      Or you were lying and now you're trying to backtrack on your absurd claim

Comment

Originally posted by ensignia View Post

Or you were lying and now you're trying to backtrack on your absurd claim
        Yeah, whatever. What would lying achieve, especially one as obvious as that? It's equally likely that my phone's autocorrect chose "five" instead of "four" when I typed in "fior". But you stick to the pointless insult if it makes you happy.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
        X