• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hybrid working - What's the marketing looking like?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hybrid working - What's the marketing looking like?

I'm currently in a gig thats WFH and finishes end of March. An old boss has offered me a 5 month gig starting in February, but the banks policy is that once government restrictions are lifted I'd have to go in 5 working days every 2 weeks (you can split it over the 2 weeks as you wish). From a work arrangement perspective, pondering whether I should accept. Not overly keen on using the tube and whatnot until spring time tbh. However almost all gigs I'm getting approached for at the moment, all seem to be hybrid, 1-3 days per week in the office.

Just wanted to find out what everyone else is seeing out there in the market? Cheers

I'm seeing 100% WFH, partial work from home/office and 100% in office.

Hope that helps.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I’ve just renewed on a 100% wfh gig, I always have the location (remote) written into the contract. Also offered another gig 100% wfh too, so there’s plenty in my area wfh. I’d not want to back to an office again, but that’s a personal preference, long commute, poor kit, etc it’s not for me.

I’d try negotiating fully remote if you want the gig but remote only, if they refuse then be prepared to say no and look elsewhere.

Comment

Came across this article today: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59970281

And apparently government wants to end Plan B restrictions at the next review date on 26th January.

Wouldn't come as a surprise if more firms switch on Hybrid working as soon as restrictions are lifted. Although my current place is WFH, it's a large corp, so they want to gradually start getting people in 1-2 days a week aswell. Seems the power will soon shift back to employers.

Comment

I think the outlook will depend on the rate you expect. There will always be cases where you can undercut a full time office based role by avoiding commuting and lunch costs. So companies looking to save costs might be willing to offer 100% remote for some 20% rate discount, which would be fine by me.

Time will tell.
          First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

I suspect that will be fairly typical of contracts once things settle down a bit. If they are genuinely flexible about when you come in at least you can max out weekly season tickets on the trains to your advantage.

Comment

Some clients are looking to keep remote working as much as possible. Was in a meeting on Friday where they talked about a project which ran for 9 months for a deployment in 3 countries.
              Project team were based in 10 different time zones and the project went live with zero travel. Saved the company several hundred thousand dollars.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
              X