• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

£598.47/day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

£598.47/day

this is very specific rate. Is that likely to be after the ER NICs have been deducted?
    That's all the information.

And no I'm not interested in the role. Just why such a specific day rate. Agency is Malik Shaw.

Lead Infrastructure and Cloud Design Architect
    Contracting Authority: NHS Wales
    Contract Length: 3 Months with Potential EXtension
    IR35: Inside
    Pay Rate to Candidate:
    Rate :598.47/day umb Inside ir35

See You Next Tuesday

More likely your rate with the umbrella PAYE/NICs/AL "deductions" added in.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

To be fair I'd be more concerned when I see an inside rate that's a nice round number than an accurate one like this. No reason to I know but it just feels the rate you show has the deductions done and that's the result where a round number would be 'chosen' and I have to ask why it's round and not got pence on it if that makes sense.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        To be fair I'd be more concerned when I see an inside rate that's a nice round number than an accurate one like this. No reason to I know but it just feels the rate you show has the deductions done and that's the result where a round number would be 'chosen' and I have to ask why it's round and not got pence on it if that makes sense.
        that's what I'd think.
        Either that or some bright spark decided to make it look like it's not just a made up number.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I recognised the pounds-value as the uplift from £450 outside to inside?

Comment

As its an Architect role, perhaps its 600PD with a deduction for you to bring your own Crayons?

Comment

Originally posted by 56samba View Post
              As its an Architect role, perhaps its 600PD with a deduction for you to bring your own Crayons?

Comment

On a similar note, there's an advertisement for a homeless charity asking you to send a text to donate £29.06. Why that odd number?

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
                  On a similar note, there's an advertisement for a homeless charity asking you to send a text to donate £29.06. Why that odd number?
                  You remember the ad. It worked.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

You remember the ad. It worked.
                    Only partially, I didn't donate.

Comment

Working...
                    X