• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice on outside IR35 but first payments have TAX&NI deducted

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

They've broken the law by paying you without an SDS let alone the possibility of fraud by deception or whatever. If you want to get this sorted quick and go would there not be a time you go for the nuclear option and advise you'll be reporting them to HMRC over the lack of SDS unless they pull their finger out and get this sorted? Worth a £100 solicitors letter to speed it up a bit?
    That is probably the only option left, burned bridges and all that...

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

They've broken the law by paying you without an SDS let alone the possibility of fraud by deception or whatever. If you want to get this sorted quick and go would there not be a time you go for the nuclear option and advise you'll be reporting them to HMRC over the lack of SDS unless they pull their finger out and get this sorted? Worth a £100 solicitors letter to speed it up a bit?
      Um, no they should be paying the OP's company via deemed payments - the lack of an SDS isn't relevant there.

merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Um, no they should be paying the OP's company via deemed payments - the lack of an SDS isn't relevant there.
        The point is they clearly don't know that and the threat of action may help resolve any outstanding issues he has.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Still no response from Client or Agent! Even without the SDS and payment issues I would not be stopping. The whole project thing is a front IMO I most certainly will be on BAU and support stuff which is not what I signed up for. The permi has pointed out that out of six service desk staff ,four walked out over an eight week period and three 2nd/3rd line walked out in his office leaving just him for the last year struggling to support the site ,that is not good odds and I can see me being asked to provide support before any project work starts, that coupled with the fact the client wants floorwalkers has ensured my bags are well and truly packed. I feel sorry for the guy been here seven years and they have just appointed a team lead who he must report to. Pointless with only two of them in the office and he has been asking for a pay rise without success. Whole thing is messy...
          This is more like a desktop role than a project one.

Comment

Looks like you dodged a bullet there.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay69 View Post
              I feel sorry for the guy been here seven years and they have just appointed a team lead who he must report to. Pointless with only two of them in the office and he has been asking for a pay rise without success. Whole thing is messy...
              This is more like a desktop role than a project one.
              More fool him. He should have been out the door years ago.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
              X