• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Going back to old client, now inside IR35?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mogga71 View Post

If it's a Bank then the chances are that they have not made the decision that you are now inside ... instead they have a blanket ban on all PSCs in place? That is a different thing altogether. It's exactly the position I, and many others are in. My contract has never actually been deemed as 'inside'.

Also, have you closed your PSC down? If you have then it's another tick in the positive column of 'Not being investigated' spreadsheet.

Do HMRC not pursue previous owners of companies for avoided personal taxes? That is great news. I'll just close down and restart my company every few years then. Thanks for the tip.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by ensignia View Post
      There is a slight risk involved, but almost zero.

Thousands upon thousands of "contractors" made the switch to Inside without a seconds hesitation with virtually no change to anything other than how they got paid. These people are well known (apparently) to the government so it stands to reason they'd be getting blasted in the ass first at some point, but the chances of them being pulled up are basically zero despite the scaremongering you might read on here.

You've got about a 6 month gap which puts you at even lower risk.
      Agree with all of this. if HMRC suddenly started investigating all outside->inside gigs after their initial 'wont come after you' statements there would be hell to pay (literally)

Comment

Agree with all of this. if HMRC suddenly started investigating all outside->inside gigs after their initial 'wont come after you' statements there would be hell to pay (literally)
        You really don't know the HMRC do you?

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post

You really don't know the HMRC do you?
          Nope ... but do any of us?

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

Do HMRC not pursue previous owners of companies for avoided personal taxes? That is great news. I'll just close down and restart my company every few years then. Thanks for the tip.
            But I believe HMRC get interested when you do something out of the norm. Could shutting a PSC increase the chance of them having a sniff?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

But as I pointed out the OP is not part of this crowd. She has started a new gig which is inside, same gig she did was outside. She didn't swap from inside to outside at the time of the legislation.

Comment

Nope ... but do any of us?
                I probably have a better understanding then most - which is why I don't trust them and you definitely don't want to be on someone's to do list...
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

But as I pointed out the OP is not part of this crowd. She has started a new gig which is inside, same gig she did was outside. She didn't swap from inside to outside at the time of the legislation.
                  I will go back to the advice I hinted at earlier that S3 used while sorting out the public sector changes - use a different agency.

The paper trail HMRC has only goes as far as agencies it doesn't extend further than that - so new agency, nothing for HMRC to work from.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

But I believe HMRC get interested when you do something out of the norm. Could shutting a PSC increase the chance of them having a sniff?
                    I was having a tongue in cheek moment. I know social media lacks nuance sometimes but I did think that was blindingly obvious.
                    Unless you are accusing me of being a pscont sockie.
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

I was having a tongue in cheek moment. I know social media lacks nuance sometimes but I did think that was blindingly obvious.
                      Unless you are accusing me of being a pscont sockie.
                      I know you were and was probably better off quoting the other post.. but thought it was worth pointing out.

Not Pscont but something sounding similar maybe?

Comment

Working...
                      X