• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SC cleared Job & Gambling

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although they look bad to you they are not life changing figures. They don't open you to being coerced so unlikely they will be intereted and even less unlikely they will be looking. Once you've been through the process they don't just have a look at your bank when they fancy it.

As long as you are on top of it you have nothing to worry about.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

"I've only ever gambled what I could afford to lose" is the correct answer.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Thank you for replies ..
        As I said , earlier I already passed the clearance process ..

As members replied … I don’t have to worry as long as I have took the right steps to control that , which I have by completely stopping it .

As , it’s not reported anywhere , I have paid off the debts so that credit file is ok .which is not a significant amount , life changing amounts .. so it’s ok ..

I think I am worrying for nothing .. need to get back wothout worrying , and dont repeat the mistake .. again

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          "I've only ever gambled what I could afford to lose" is the correct answer.
          How about

"I regularly come away with a small fortune, though usually go in with a large one"
          ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by mail2me View Post
            I think I am worrying for nothing .. need to get back wothout worrying , and dont repeat the mistake .. again
            Correct.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mail2me View Post
              Hi all,
              FUrther to my understanding ..
              1. Over 5 months .. there was 20 k worth transaction, lost 5k .. paid that off from savings .. Bank doesn’t report to anybody , just to credit agency about the negative balance .. it’s shows positive .. no debt .. so , is that a reason of worry ?? Even if the guys look at the credit file ??
              2. Never defaulted on any payments , so it’s look ok in credit file too ? ..
              3. No major change in circumstance , as stopped completely what I did blunder for past 5 months .. So why do I report anything to any body .. so serious debt , no change of circumstance ( anything major )

any thoughts??? ..,
              £20K in transactions over 5 months and a £5K loss ?

I call that a day out at Cheltenham, don’t even worry about it, hobby betting

Comment

Working...
              X