• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Starting a new LTD company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting a new LTD company

Hi all,

I closed down my previous limited company using strike off (DS01) option in March 2021. It had remaining profit under 25K, which was distributed between two share holders, kept below Capital gain allowance of 12,300.

Now I want to start a new contact and set up a new limited company. What are the pros and cons for starting new limited company within 3 months time.

Many thanks.

As long as you didn't gain any tax advantage through closing then just fill your boots.

Is the anti phoenixing (TAAR) rules you are wary of? This is only relevant for capital gains following a liquidation which you didn't do.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 17 June 2021, 11:55.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Thanks for replying.

When I spoke to new accountant to set up new LTD company, she said I should talk to HMRC to check if I am liable to any tax. That's what I am worried about.

She also said I won't get benefit of Entrepreneur relief If I want to close new limited company later on. I am not concerned about this point of time.

Comment

Originally posted by bootham View Post
        When I spoke to new accountant to set up new LTD company, she said I should talk to HMRC to check if I am liable to any tax. That's what I am worried about.
        Seems a very odd thing to say if taken at face value. If the old company is closed then it's done. I suspect she said more than that but either way. If you've closed the old one properly and didn't take a tax advantge then you are in the clear.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Perhaps you should start a new accountant too?

Comment

Thanks. I am going ahead with setting up new company.
            i did close my previous company as per accountant's advice. No tax avoidance.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              As long as you didn't gain any tax advantage through closing then just fill your boots.

Is the anti phoenixing (TAAR) rules you are wary of? This is only relevant for capital gains following a liquidation which you didn't do.
              TAAR does not apply to strike offs.
              Striking off a company - RossMartin.co.uk

See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
              X