• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Starting a new LTD company"

Collapse

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    As long as you didn't gain any tax advantage through closing then just fill your boots.

Is the anti phoenixing (TAAR) rules you are wary of? This is only relevant for capital gains following a liquidation which you didn't do.
    TAAR does not apply to strike offs.
    Striking off a company - RossMartin.co.uk

Leave a comment:

• bootham
    replied
    Thanks. I am going ahead with setting up new company.
    i did close my previous company as per accountant's advice. No tax avoidance.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Perhaps you should start a new accountant too?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by bootham View Post
    When I spoke to new accountant to set up new LTD company, she said I should talk to HMRC to check if I am liable to any tax. That's what I am worried about.
    Seems a very odd thing to say if taken at face value. If the old company is closed then it's done. I suspect she said more than that but either way. If you've closed the old one properly and didn't take a tax advantge then you are in the clear.

Leave a comment:

• bootham
    replied
    Thanks for replying.

When I spoke to new accountant to set up new LTD company, she said I should talk to HMRC to check if I am liable to any tax. That's what I am worried about.

She also said I won't get benefit of Entrepreneur relief If I want to close new limited company later on. I am not concerned about this point of time.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    As long as you didn't gain any tax advantage through closing then just fill your boots.

Is the anti phoenixing (TAAR) rules you are wary of? This is only relevant for capital gains following a liquidation which you didn't do.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 17 June 2021, 11:55.

Leave a comment:

• bootham
    started a topic Starting a new LTD company

Starting a new LTD company

Hi all,

I closed down my previous limited company using strike off (DS01) option in March 2021. It had remaining profit under 25K, which was distributed between two share holders, kept below Capital gain allowance of 12,300.

Now I want to start a new contact and set up a new limited company. What are the pros and cons for starting new limited company within 3 months time.

Many thanks.

Working...
X