• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Changing SOW after starting work on it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing SOW after starting work on it

After discussing, agreeing and quoting for a piece of work for one of my clients, I started to work on it.

The project manager wants me to do some extra work that is closely related to what I am currently doing but has not been quoted for. They don't want to raise a new SOW to run in parallel with the old one, but change the old one for which I will send an updated quote. They say they prefer to do this as the new SOW would look too much like the first one and it may raise questions in an audit.

Is this normal practice?
    Last edited by zonkkk; 11 May 2021, 07:21.

Do what the client wants - and it makes sense to me

More work required so SoW changed to reflect the additional work identified. As the vast majority of the work is the same it's a change not a complete rewrite.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Perfectly normal. Definitely want to change the SoW, but a new one vs. a modded one is a details issue.

Comment

Nothing wrong with it but at some point there is a line where the SOW just becomes and paperwork veil for D&C. You'll know if the client is operating like that quick enough with constant requests for this and that and at that point you need to have a good think... but until you spot it then what they are proposing is not a problem.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X