• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client will start me inside IR35 then switch me to outside?!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
    In some respects I would be encouraged by this as the client are seemingly doing proper assessments.
    FTFY

although I'm sure it's the client doing it with the consultancy and the consultancy taking a nice chunk of cash for helping.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

FTFY

although I'm sure it's the client doing it with the consultancy and the consultancy taking a nice chunk of cash for helping.
      I stand by my version. The consultancy are the common denominator.

Comment

If the client declares you as Outside IR35 and takes the risk, why should you worry?

Comment

Originally posted by RobScott View Post
          If the client declares you as Outside IR35 and takes the risk, why should you worry?
          do you not care for you client?
          Surely far better to assist them getting it right?
          If they get it wrong, and find out later, and you knew all along, it reflects badly.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

In this scenario, I would happily take the Outside decision and then work to ensure the way I work accurately reflects an Outside reality. This then to cover any fallout should there be investigations, I can then offer proof.

As a business, I would prefer not open doors to give the client cause to reconsider.

Comment

Going to suggest people are overthinking this. So long as all parties are up front about any engagement the end client is more than capable of making a decision (or at least should be). If the working practices aren't as expected then have a rethink.

Comment

I think the agency is just lying so you sign the contract. After three months they will just say the client changed is mind, and hope you will stay.
                I wouldn't sign 3 months inside IR35 on the 'promise' that after 3 months the contract will be outside.

Comment

Working...
                X