• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should I get offer in writing, if so from whom?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

Which is why the OP should waste no more time on this other than getting singed up to an Umbrella and getting them to sort the contract out with the client.
    Absolutely. Everything else is just fluff and glitter.
    Last edited by Lance; 9 April 2021, 14:50.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Are you serious? He just goes in on the PM's say when HR don't want to know?
      The OP wants a formal start date with confirmation of rate, copied to umbrella co. Whether that's an offer letter, confirmation of appointment or whatever, the name doesn't matter. If I was the OP, personally, I wouldn't wait. I'd push it hard, be nice to their HR and ask if they have a preferred set of umbrella cos they deal with. Research them and go with the best one and get the contact of the person in HR that the person in umbrella should work with. Email introduction to both of them, stating that you look forward to having your start date confirmed in due course.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Have signed up with the Umbrella and things seem to be moving nicely. Should get contract to view early next week.

Comment

Originally posted by openshac View Post
          Have signed up with the Umbrella and things seem to be moving nicely. Should get contract to view early next week.
          Who did you go with?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Who did you go with?
            I really wanted to go with Clarity but they could pay direct into my SIPP. Unfortunately this was a deal breaker for me.
            Shame as I had seen your recommendation and when I spoke with Lucy she was really knowledgeable and the service sounded top notch.

Went for Orange Genie in the end.

Comment

Working...
            X