• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Taking multiple contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Well, no you're not. Time spent going to the bog, getting a coffee, having a chat with colleagues about how the war is going etc. - that's all time not spent on what you're being paid for.

"hours spent" is a nebulous concept. In practice it's defined as (e.g.) 7.5 hours worth of work. I.e. the work that's expected to be done in 7.5 hours. If you do it in 4 - then good for you. I've known some companies where the purchasing department mandated a maximum price. To get the people they wanted, managers paid for 8 hour days, but the contractors worked only 4.

I find it amusing how precious some people get, spouting on about fraud. Who, exactly, is being defrauded? Who will contact plod to investigate?
    Plod doesn't get involved, it is a civil and potentially a private prosecution by the legal dept of the client co or agency. If you read the small print on a recruiter's timesheet app you will often find a reference to the effect that timesheets must be accurate and if not will potentially result in civil proceedings and prosecution.

Fraud is fraud. If you lie on any documents for a commercial transaction any lawyer can submit the evidence to a prosecutor.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

Plod doesn't get involved, it is a civil and potentially a private prosecution by the legal dept of the client co or agency. If you read the small print on a recruiter's timesheet app you will often find a reference to the effect that timesheets must be accurate and if not will potentially result in civil proceedings and prosecution.

Fraud is fraud. If you lie on any documents for a commercial transaction any lawyer can submit the evidence to a prosecutor.
      KUATB https://forums.contractoruk.com/busi...ml#post2924632
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by ITC0ntracte3 View Post
        I have been thinking about taking on two contracts myself...

How would you record them on your CV though? If you have two clients at the same time then any future client will see you have juggled two in the past? or do you just leave one off?
        You're an employee of your LTD?

Put that down

Comment

Originally posted by ikodel View Post

You're an employee of your LTD?

Put that down
          Except that is not true.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X