• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Legal help needed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd give it a try though. Chance of success is slim, granted.

Would love to know why the client won't pay the extra two weeks. I do wonder if there's something we haven't been told about.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

They said they worked five weeks.
      Something isn't right here. Why would a client only pay for three if the OP has worked five. That makes no sense. What might make sense is the replacement isn't cheaper. What if the OP has been that bad the client has had to replace them and they believe what has been delivered is only worth three weeks not five. I don't think we are getting the full story here as usual.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

There are two fights here, OP will need to fight to prove the opt out was invalid as the agency has a signed piece of paper which says it was. Once that is resolved they will then have to use that to get the extra two weeks.

You have to be lucky every time, they only have to be lucky one
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          There are two fights here, OP will need to fight to prove the opt out was invalid as the agency has a signed piece of paper which says it was. Once that is resolved they will then have to use that to get the extra two weeks.

You have to be lucky every time, they only have to be lucky one
          That's the theory yes. Thing is, opt in/outs are done so badly due to neither the contractor nor agency understand it so the chances of him proving it to the point the agency will accept it are nil. Then there is the fact even if he does the agent just won't pony up.

I think he needs a lot more than luck on this one I am afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

That's the theory yes. Thing is, opt in/outs are done so badly due to neither the contractor nor agency understand it so the chances of him proving it to the point the agency will accept it are nil. Then there is the fact even if he does the agent just won't pony up.

I think he needs a lot more than luck on this one I am afraid.
            From my reading of it the options are 3 weeks money without any real hassle or 5 weeks money if you push things and the agency caves in.

And I really can't see the latter occurring because in the previous case like this we saw that even Safe Collections didn't see much change of success.

I would suggest as I've continually done that the OP takes the 3 weeks being offered and chalks it down to experience.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
              Does stagger me that people think it is acceptable for clients to wriggle out of paying invoices.

Not really my field but go through the Dunning process. Good luck.
              Totally agree

Send them a letter before action and lodge a claim with the small claims court

Comment

Originally posted by JohnM View Post

Totally agree

Send them a letter before action and lodge a claim with the small claims court
                sigh....

Send an invoice. The start dunning after late payment has been reached.
                You can't just go straight to court. The judge will throw your vexatious claim out.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

sigh....

Send an invoice. The start dunning after late payment has been reached.
                  You can't just go straight to court. The judge will throw your vexatious claim out.
                  I have had it happen to me once in 20 years, they paid up after I sent the letter before action

I agree this will not always happen but it costs nothing to send and it at least helps focus minds within the business who are not paying you

Comment

Originally posted by JohnM View Post

I have had it happen to me once in 20 years, they paid up after I sent the letter before action

I agree this will not always happen but it costs nothing to send and it at least helps focus minds within the business who are not paying you
                    letter after invoice?
                    Or just letter?
                    And what do you think dunning is? (hint: it's sending letters).
                    But you still need the invoice raised otherwise what are you asking them for?
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

From my reading of it the options are 3 weeks money without any real hassle or 5 weeks money if you push things and the agency caves in.

And I really can't see the latter occurring because in the previous case like this we saw that even Safe Collections didn't see much change of success.

I would suggest as I've continually done that the OP takes the 3 weeks being offered and chalks it down to experience.
                      This.

/thread

Comment

Working...
                      X