• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IT contract in Sweden working remotely from UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IT contract in Sweden working remotely from UK

As a Ltd company I have been offered an IT contract in Sweden working remotely from UK, having looked at various UK Gov & SE advice, it is not clear if post Brexit if this is still allowed? Anyone taken a similar engagement since Brexit? Thanks Steve
    Last edited by NotAllThere; 3 March 2021, 17:31. Reason: Took out the emboldening

Hard to find anything in black and white, but in reality your situation is no different to someone sitting in India doing work remotely, they do not have visas and their employers (the big outsourcerers) are billing their time.
    If you need to visit for a business meeting, that is another matter.
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by stephen donnelly View Post
      As a Ltd company I have been offered an IT contract in Sweden working remotely from UK, having looked at various UK Gov & SE advice, it is not clear if post Brexit if this is still allowed?
      It is allowed. Work is taxed on where the work is performed, not where you or your client are.

IR35 can be a complication though. But only for you.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Since you will be working in the UK not in Sweden there is no need to register or pay tax in Sweden, i.e. you will not be subject to a visa. You need to clarify cross-border VAT though.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Place of supply rules for consultancy services haven't changed, as far as I am aware, so the VAT would still be at 0%. The only change is that there is no need to submit EC sales list now and mention why there is no VAT on invoice. Basically the same as if you worked for a US client before Brexit.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            It is allowed. Work is taxed on where the work is performed, not where you or your client are.

IR35 can be a complication though. But only for you.
            Posting in the correct area of bulletin boards appears to be a problem as well, but only for him.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stephen donnelly View Post
              As a Ltd company I have been offered an IT contract in Sweden working remotely from UK, having looked at various UK Gov & SE advice, it is not clear if post Brexit if this is still allowed? Anyone taken a similar engagement since Brexit? Thanks Steve
              No problem whatsoever. You can also go there for meetings etc if you apply for a business visa. But doing actual work there is a different issue altogether.

Comment

Working...
              X