• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You thought IR35 was bad.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You thought IR35 was bad.

I've been working via my own Ltd Co for years. I finished last Feb and managed to get a contract last Sept but client wouldn't allow suppliers to provide resources via PSC, so joined an Umbrella and took the hit in rate; anything during COVID was a plus.

Just received a mail from my agency saying Client will no longer engage individuals who operate under PSC's AND will not be allowing umbrella companies into the supply chain. This is coming into effect 1st April.

What now?
    Last edited by pacontracting; 3 March 2021, 13:57.

You currently at LSE?

Comment

Agency PAYE?

Comment

Have you asked them?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I'm just really surprised no one has mentioned this before.
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
            I'm just really surprised no one has mentioned this before.
            I think that's because where other people encountered it they asked the agent, 'so what next?' and the agent gave them an answer so they just carried on.

Comment

I know of a fair number of contractors who are in limbo at the moment as nothing has been decided by their clients as yet, it seems to be slowing things down significantly as far as renewals are going. I can think of far fewer who have had any status determinations too
              In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

I think that's because where other people encountered it they asked the agent, 'so what next?' and the agent gave them an answer so they just carried on.
                Jesus wept, do you ever give it a rest?

Nearly 50,000 posts and all variations of "have you asked your accountant?" or "did you try searching?". What an existence.

Comment

Originally posted by ensignia View Post

Nearly 50,000 posts and all variations of "have you asked your accountant?" or "did you try searching?". What an existence.
                  And as tedious as they are they are always the right advice. He's in a pickle with what his agency have told him about his situation. The agency should also have a solution and know what is possible in his situation so they are the best people to advise. If an agency said to you no LTDS and no Umbrellas, surely your next question would be 'So what do I do now?' and they tell you? How are we supposed to know?

Comment

Originally posted by ensignia View Post

28 posts since 2012 and has an opinion on NLUK? Hmmmm.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X