• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SC getting lapsed in 2 weeks..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SC getting lapsed in 2 weeks..

My SC is getting lapsed (not used for an Year) I am no where near getting a SC cleared role now. How can I keep my SC active..? SC validity ends exact day (last SC role exit day + 1 Year?) or there is some flexibility on that date if I find a new role in couple of weeks time..?

You can't

And it goes with the role not the person anyway.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Nope. You were cleared for a particular role. A new client might accept that clearance, they might not, depending on the role. Once it's expired that's it until you can get a new role that requires clearance and for which the client is willing to sponsor you.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Flexiblity keeping high security clearance open when it's not needed. Yeah right. That's gonna fly isn't it?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

If you know ansible well enough than my soon to be ex-client is looking for my replacement. Needs SC.

Comment

Loads of roles being advertised, I don't understand your problem - except everything is now touted to start in the new tax year, it's the new model that causes a March feeding frenzy and death the rest of the year. Government eh! Genius.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
              My SC is getting lapsed (not used for an Year) I am no where near getting a SC cleared role now. How can I keep my SC active..? SC validity ends exact day (last SC role exit day + 1 Year?) or there is some flexibility on that date if I find a new role in couple of weeks time..?
              Even if it does lapse there will be a record that you previously held it, which may make obtaining again easier. Even if you don't currently have it, the fact that you have held SC before may work in your favour especially when you come against people who have never been through the process.
              In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post

Even if it does lapse there will be a record that you previously held it, which may make obtaining again easier. Even if you don't currently have it, the fact that you have held SC before may work in your favour especially when you come against people who have never been through the process.
                Wrong. The point of it "lapsing" (it hasn't, it went immediately the old role stopped) is that you are out of sight of the security services. They don't know you haven't had a week off on the beaches of Afghanistan or attended a training camp in Pakistan, so they won't take the risk that something has changed since you were last checked. Verifying where you were is perfectly simple, you just have to go through the vetting process again. But that process makes no assumptions about any old clearances.

Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Wrong. The point of it "lapsing" (it hasn't, it went immediately the old role stopped) is that you are out of sight of the security services. They don't know you haven't had a week off on the beaches of Afghanistan or attended a training camp in Pakistan, so they won't take the risk that something has changed since you were last checked. Verifying where you were is perfectly simple, you just have to go through the vetting process again. But that process makes no assumptions about any old clearances.
                  But there is a renewal process that is much faster than from scratch. I think you are doing that thing that has a big word that someone said while ago where you are arguing one thing but there is a reality you are missing. So Spartan is correct, you are just confusing it with something that might be true but the reality is Spartan is correct?
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

But there is a renewal process that is much faster than from scratch. I think you are doing that thing that has a big word that someone said while ago where you are arguing one thing but there is a reality you are missing. So Spartan is correct, you are just confusing it with something that might be true but the reality is Spartan is correct?
                    NO. The clearance has lapsed. If you get a new role that needs clearance the security team at the new place can contact your previous security team and request a transfer of the clearance vet. That may be enough to reinstate your clearance, however there are three gotchas:

1. The convention only lasts for a year, after which you're back to square one. And it is merely a convention to cut down unnecessary work across the security teams and vetting agencies, it's not a rule.

2. Your previous clearance may not suit the requirements of the new role. As I keep saying, it's a risk assessment. Police clearance usually won't get you in the MOD for example, they have different criteria.

3. The new team may not recognise the old one and want to do their own vet anyway - moving from a commercial company to HMG for example (had that one twice now).
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                    X