• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract offered with no interview

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I wouldn't go down the "payment for services not rendered" route either.

You'll almost certainly get the money if the agency looks real.

The other thing that might happen is that on Friday/Monday the agent goes "ooh... yeah... we're still waiting for a PO/contract... should be with you soon" and you get it a week or two later. Doesn't mean you start early, it's just agents doing agenty things to make sure you actually can start in a weeks time by locking you in.

Don't be surprised or put off if any of this happens. And don't stop your job search until you're on the job. (Yes I said job).
    Last edited by PerfectStorm; 28 January 2021, 16:22.
    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      I think she was being a bit tongue in cheek (I hope). Not a chance in hell you'll get upfront payment and could flag you as a trouble maker. I personally wouldn't.
      lol, thanks, I was just about to mark myself. probably you are right, will check recruitment company info. should be enough.

Comment

I got a contract once after about a 20 minute interview. I was there for just over two years before they decided they wanted to keep the product going and hired a permie to do it.
        "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

I've had it happen once. Of the rest, about 50% a chat, and the rest a single interview. Including one where the interviewer had a blog I'd written printed out in his office... he was a bit overawed, but I decided that he'd passed the interview and I'd take the role.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

My best interview in the savoy (Dubai contract)

Meet chap, shake hands ask it I want a drink

I say a pint please

Thank god he says, was his 5th interview and all others wanted water / coffee

Start drinking pint

Do you play golf he says

Yes indeed say I

Do you follow football

Ohh yes, talk about football for 30 mins

When can you start he says (without any other conversation)

Basically he just wanted a mate in Dubai to play golf and drink with and talk about football

That was a great year

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
              Basically he just wanted a mate in Dubai to play golf and drink with and talk about football
              I had a boss like that. But it was his predecessor that recruited me.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                My best interview in the savoy (Dubai contract)

Meet chap, shake hands ask it I want a drink

I say a pint please

Thank god he says, was his 5th interview and all others wanted water / coffee

Start drinking pint

Do you play golf he says

Yes indeed say I

Do you follow football

Ohh yes, talk about football for 30 mins

When can you start he says (without any other conversation)

That was a great year

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                brilliant, it'd have matched my skills

Comment

Originally posted by biergarten View Post
                  lol, thanks, I was just about to mark myself. probably you are right, will check recruitment company info. should be enough.
                  I think you're the only person who ever thought I said something worth paying attention to

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    I think you're the only person who ever thought I said something worth paying attention to

slow and naive is my condition

i'll try this is second and last

won't promise

Comment

Once had a text from an IT Director I happened to know....'you're a contractor, want a contract?'
                      Another time had a WhatsApp message from a chap in a public sector organisation....'What do I have to put in an ITT to make sure you're the only qualified applicant?'

Neither had the highest day rate, but both had very short interviews

Comment

Working...
                      X