• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Düsseldorf permie job

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Düsseldorf permie job

Hi All

Well, I finally found a job in Germany, a bit late for pre-Brexit so now I am going to be sailing uncharted waters as a 3rd country national working in the EU

Company and Agency seem very positive , so I am hoping all goes smoothly, any hints and tips for living in NRW are most welcome, I have worked there before, for RWE in Essen and I lived in Düsseldorf commuting daily as I was a "rich" contractor then, but this time I hope to live in one of the cheaper towns and eventually commute into the City Centre, of course all is WFH for the next few months.

Ick sprekke die Deutsch as well, so that is Kein Problem

Originally posted by RedKite View Post
    Hi All

Well, I finally found a job in Germany, a bit late for pre-Brexit so now I am going to be sailing uncharted waters as a 3rd country national working in the EU

Company and Agency seem very positive , so I am hoping all goes smoothly, any hints and tips for living in NRW are most welcome, I have worked there before, for RWE in Essen and I lived in Düsseldorf commuting daily as I was a "rich" contractor then, but this time I hope to live in one of the cheaper towns and eventually commute into the City Centre, of course all is WFH for the next few months.

Ick sprekke die Deutsch as well, so that is Kein Problem
    If you speak German like you write it, it is going to be a major problem

Comment

You have a work visa right ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

If you have a contract the work permit, probably a "blue card", is automatic.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Sort of an IT version of Auf Wiedersehen Pet, hopefully with better accommodation.

Comment

I did the IT version of Auf Wiedersehen Pet for 10 years. Does the Holiday Inn at Frankfurt Airport class as better accommodation I wonder!
            Former IPSE member
            My Website

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
              If you speak German like you write it, it is going to be a major problem
              Vielen Dank für ihre hilfreiche Kommentar zum Thema, meine Besprechung war komplett in Deutsch und ich habe auch einen Lebenslauf im Deutschen Format, hab schon oft in Deutschland und Österreich gearbeitet

Ich wollte seriöse Antworten aber "There's always one ......"

mfg

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                If you have a contract the work permit, probably a "blue card", is automatic.
                The Agency and the HR Dept in Germany are sorting things out, I have been digging in various German websites to try and work it all out, there seem to be a lot of clauses and sub clauses etc

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
                  I did the IT version of Auf Wiedersehen Pet for 10 years. Does the Holiday Inn at Frankfurt Airport class as better accommodation I wonder!
                  Surely that is classic Partridge life style

Comment

Originally posted by RedKite View Post
                    Vielen Dank für ihre hilfreiche Kommentar zum Thema, meine Besprechung war komplett in Deutsch und ich habe auch einen Lebenslauf im Deutschen Format, hab schon oft in Deutschland und Österreich gearbeitet

Ich wollte seriöse Antworten aber "There's always one ......"

mfg
                    Kommst Du heine, rain dah mit Dialect dafuer!

Comment

Working...
                    X