• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Early termination change on 1-day notice - contract breach?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Except that as a contractor you deliver your services to your client. You do serve the needs of another. It's your job.

Jesus. What has happened to the quality of sockies nowadays?
    You can call me a sockie all you like. But a contractor gets screwed over and your first is line to tell them that it is ok because you make 100Ks out of a contract.

And in your next breath you will tell us that the majority of contractors are permietractors. I take it that the irony is not lost on you as your biggest award was back in 2011 so the Googling you tell everyone to do might be a bit out of date by your standards.
    Last edited by Abbot; 4 January 2021, 22:41.

Comment

Originally posted by Abbot View Post
      You can call me a sockie all you like. But a contractor gets screwed over and your first is line to tell them that it is ok because you make 100Ks out of a contract.

And in your next breath you will tell us that the majority of contractors are permietractors. I take it that the irony is not lost on you as your biggest award was back in 2011 so the Googling you tell everyone to do might be a bit out of date by your standards.
      FOG

Comment

Originally posted by Abbot View Post
        But he wasn't screwed over. The work ended, so the pay did. Doesn't matter then the contract ends. We've said forever they notice periods are a waste of time.
        Your posts are just confirming my hypothesis. No irony or anything here. Pretty black and white situation.

Hang around the forums a bit. You'll see one day notices popping up regularly, for a host of reasons. In nearly every case the contractor is pissed and in nearly every case its in the contract and just part of what we do.

It's unfortunate and it stings but no one has been screwed. Client has said its nothing to do with his LTD and they are getting rid of 90% of contractors. That's not screwing anyone.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X