• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How did you do this year?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cannon999 View Post
    Expecting to bill around 270 days this year. It's been a good year.
    Sheesh and I thought I had a sad life.

Comment

Originally posted by cannon999 View Post
      Expecting to bill around 270 days this year. It's been a good year.

For someone working a 3 day week, I'd say you did pretty well.
      nomadd liked this post

Comment

206 days this calendar year. I consider myself somewhat fortunate.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
          For someone working a 3 day week, I'd say you did pretty well.
          I must have been doing well with my double-bubble this years I've clocked 300 days already, and been part time since end October.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

7 figure loss

I am just going to wait 30 years & sell my inventory as classics having depreciated them over a few years. Or I might just be ****ed and need to sell the house.

Stars of the show: M760iL 80k depreciation, A8 50L 85k depreciation. In one year.

Either way, my health has been excellent in 2020 and I can't put a price on that.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
              7 figure loss

I am just going to wait 30 years & sell my inventory as classics having depreciated them over a few years. Or I might just be ****ed and need to sell the house.

Stars of the show: M760iL 80k depreciation, A8 50L 85k depreciation. In one year.

Either way, my health has been excellent in 2020 and I can't put a price on that.
              It's only a paper loss

Comment

7 figure loss

Did you really expect to profit on motors like those!?
                Former IPSE member
                My Website

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
                  Did you really expect to profit on motors like those!?
                  Yes. The charge out rate for events are high: 5k for the booking, 2k- 3k a day with driver & hospitality. + 10K for PTL & GRD access. 2K for 3 laps of the track with pro driver on race day... There is a lot of money in motorsport, insane amounts of money (most of my clients are Russian or Chinese who like to be seen) - until there are no spectators or corporate hospitality that is.

I mean, who wouldn't want to hang out with wealthy lady clients with questionable dress sense? Also using Hockenheim when it is quiet is kinda cool.

Last edited by clearedforlanding; 10 December 2020, 23:12.

Comment

Yes. The charge out rate for events are high: 5k for the booking, 2k- 3k a day with driver & hospitality. + 10K for PTL & GRD access. 2K for 3 laps of the track with pro driver on race day... There is a lot of money in motorsport, insane amounts of money (most of my clients are Russian or Chinese who like to be seen) - until there are no spectators or corporate hospitality that is.

I mean, who wouldn't want to hang out with wealthy lady clients with questionable dress sense? Also using Hockenheim when it is quiet is kinda cool.

Ahh I thought those motors were for personal steerage not for a business - my bad!
                    Former IPSE member
                    My Website

Comment

I started an inside IR35 contract last year and was thinking of leaving in March for an outside IR35 contract. Covid came and was wfh since March. There was hardly any work to do and at one point, I even thought they would get rid of their contractors as most permies in other depts were furloughed or made to take unpaid leave. Luckily, they kept paying me. In Sept, I decided to leave.

I landed a project contract but it never started and it's been put on hold till next year. I will see what happens next year.

2020 rating : Money - 5/10 , Work:Life ratio - 9/10

Comment

Working...
                      X