• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Register In Germany before brexit.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have lived in Germany - it was a while ago. 2002/2003
    Word of warning:
    If you think HMRC are utter bastards - you ain't seen nothing yet!
    The german tax authorities make HMRC look like genial amenable plesant gentleman!
    You have been warned!
    Former IPSE member
    My Website

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Very nice of you to offer help but this bit is exactly what the OP hasn't done and isn't going to do:
      Ah! I was under the impression that the OP was going to 'pretend-live' in Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by je vais a la plage View Post
        Ah! I was under the impression that the OP was going to 'pretend-live' in Germany.
        That appeared to be the plan, yes. It's a remarkedly bad idea.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by je vais a la plage View Post
          I'm going through the same process, so might be able to help. Most of the information is in the link below. Essentially, you need to do Anmeldung in Germany (this is possible online due to the pandemic) then fill in an online form (link at the bottom of the webpage). You'll then be invited to come for an interview.

Departure of the United Kingdom from the European Union (Brexit) - Berlin.de

Btw, if you don't have a place to do Anmeldung, feel free to give me a shout.
          Don't forget, that is already for people living in Germany as in order to register, you have to have an address and a letter from the landlord stating you live there. This is also only for Berlin, from experience, each state is handling it differently and in each state, some towns are different to others. These people tend to have the latest and greatest news for each EU country: Home | British in Europe
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

If you are resident then you are liable tax if you're not resident then you are not eligible for any residency permit.
            This isn't going to work.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Look, it's not possible. It's a bulltulip idea. There is *NO WAY* that you would get a Meldbestätigung as a new entrant into Germany now. I just had to get a replacement to open a new bank account (must be less than three months old for the bank) and it took me four weeks as the offices are closed and everything is done remotely. No chance. Not at all. You have had *years* to prepare for this, FFS.

Comment

Originally posted by RasputinDude View Post
                Look, it's not possible. It's a bulltulip idea. There is *NO WAY* that you would get a Meldbestätigung as a new entrant into Germany now. I just had to get a replacement to open a new bank account (must be less than three months old for the bank) and it took me four weeks as the offices are closed and everything is done remotely. No chance. Not at all. You have had *years* to prepare for this, FFS.
                It’s a tiny bit more nuanced than this. The Withdrawal Agreement in every way is a special case because of reciprocity. If the UK home office conspicuously declines to register EU nationals trying to register now, that’s one thing; otherwise efforts will be made. Years to prepare but this year is an almost total dud because of Corona. They will be utter bastards from 1st Jan onwards, before that it’s not a given. BMI - Homepage - Information for UK nationals and their family members about the right of residence provided for in the Withdrawal Agreement

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
                X