• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

need help- got a outside IR35 contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help- got a outside IR35 contract

I am in a not so well paid perm at the moment and got a outside IR35 6 months contract role with a reasonable pay , with take home difference is 2000 GBP. The agency says after April when IR35 rules change, they will offer me 70-80 GBP per day extra to compensate which would keep take home same.
    As its just few months away to April 2020 , I am re-thinking if its safe to switch. Can you please share your thoughts? Thanks

Originally posted by truhislo View Post
    I am in a not so well paid perm at the moment and got a outside IR35 6 months contract role with a reasonable pay , with take home difference is 2000 GBP. The agency says after April when IR35 rules change, they will offer me 70-80 GBP per day extra to compensate which would keep take home same.
    As its just few months away to April 2020 , I am re-thinking if its safe to switch. Can you please share your thoughts? Thanks
    It's not outside if the client think it's will be inside comes April

But you previously said that this contract was public sector where the IR35 rules have been in place for years.

I got a contract role( outside IR35 ) and remote work to start with. It is to work for a public sector client. For family reasons, I might have to work from abroad for a couple of months after starting the role. The contract does not mention about any location clauses. Please could you shed some light whether its legal to work from outside UK as long as I abide to data privacy clauses.
    So could you tell us the complete story as I'm fed up playing 20 questions
    Last edited by eek; 3 November 2020, 07:49.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

In the current uncertain climate we are in, its better to hold on to the perm job for as long as you can. You must be joking taking on a contract for extra money.
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        It's not outside if the client think it's will be inside comes April

But you previously said that this contract was public sector where the IR35 rules have been in place for years.

So could you tell us the complete story as I'm fed up playing 20 questions
        sorry , it is a contract with a consultancy working for public sector end client. So for now, its a 6 month outside IR35 contract on paper. When I asked the agency about what's the plan after April, they replied the consultancy would change contract to inside IR35 with an increased day rate. This is the complete story

Comment

sorry , it is a contract with a consultancy working for public sector end client. So for now, its a 6 month outside IR35 contract on paper. When I asked the agency about what's the plan after April, they replied the consultancy would change contract to inside IR35 with an increased day rate. This is the complete story
          No it's not.

There is a reasonable chance the consultancy will simply drop you after the initial contract is over. If they do, you will have real problems getting the next contract, given the huge number of experienced people on the market right now. It's your decision, but short term gains at this point in time are a very bad idea - especially when there's a real chance the net result is that you will be much worse off in a year's time.

Your call, but it's not simply a case of earning a bit more money.

And never ever base your decisions on what the agency said. Their job is not to protect you, it's to maximise how much money they make.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

So the consultancy believes the work is inside IR35 but doesn't want to pay the money now.

Which means someone somewhere isn't telling you the truth as either they are lying now to pocket the £400 a week extra or come April that money suddenly isn't going to be available and your only option will be to accept the current rate but inside IR35 (if they don't bin you out right).
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

So the agent sent that to you in an email? No because the agent isn't telling you the truth. Companies never promise anything.

Anyway as you are working just stay in the role you have now - we are in a global pandemic.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Anyway as you are working just stay in the role you have now - we are in a global pandemic.
                ^^ This.
                ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  come April that money suddenly isn't going to be available and your only option will be to accept the current rate but inside IR35 (if they don't bin you out right).
                  That's what I would do if I was the consultancy; but I'd also look around to see if there are any desperate contractors willing to take the OP's role for OP's rate - 100 and bin the OP regardless.

Comment

So, basically, as far as HMRC are concerned, you are inside IR35 right now - but you are just trying to claim that you are outside.
                    nomadd liked this post

Comment

Working...
                    X