• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What’s the score from Thursday regarding.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What’s the score from Thursday regarding.....

getting evening meals if you’re working away?

Apologies in advance, I’m a newbie here. First time working away from home, based in Birmingham and staying in a Premier Inn.

Company won’t allow me to WFH, not even for one day in the week. Fair enough. Probably because I only started the job two weeks ago. Anyway, I get a food allowance via the Beefeater attached to the Premier Inn. With that and all other eateries closing on Thursday, what am I supposed to do? There are no cooking facilities at the Premier Inn as you may know. Company might say ‘order take away’, which, in my view shouldn’t be down to me to fork out for that (plus, can’t afford to pay for a month of doing that as only got paid two weeks worth of money which has gone on all bills/booking trains in advance).

Any advice would be appreciated. Go easy on me as I know I’m not a regular on here and only new to the forum ha,

Cheers

Does not your food allowance extend to a takeaway?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Uber eats to your room

Sorted

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
          Uber eats to your room

Sorted

Paid for with magic beans?

Comment

My food allowance for the beefeater is just on a tab, charged to the business, I don’t get any physical cash for it.....

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
              Uber eats to your room

Sorted

As my post said, I don’t have the cash to pay for takeaway for the next month...

Comment

I think eek has summed it up.

First port of call is your client. Ask them what their policy is first thing Monday and don't let them fob you off.

Comment

Originally posted by ForWhatItsWorth1980 View Post
                  My food allowance for the beefeater is just on a tab, charged to the business, I don’t get any physical cash for it.....
                  So talk to your client and ask them to transfer the beefeater on tab to uber eats on tab. If they're not flexible, then look for another gig or take the hit. If they're not flexible, you don't want to work for them anyway. And if you're making a loss, you're better off.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by ForWhatItsWorth1980 View Post
                    Explain the situation to the beefeater, if they're still serving for take out.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                    X