• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lorien contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lorien contract

I applied for a role through Lorien I've got an interview on Thursday. I'm not sure exactly why but I've always thought Lorien are one of the not so good agencies as their rates always seemed to be low but given there are few jobs about I had no choice if I wanted this job to go through them.

Does anyone currently work though Lorien and if so are they ok andwhat are their standard contracts like? for example payment terms, Pay frequency, notice periods in the contract for the contractor?

I've searched on here but most posts are quite old. I believe their payment terms may be monthly.

Lorien contract

Not just monthly, but approx 20 days later

You start work 1st Aug, payment date of your 1st payment is 21 September ish

Prepare for the biggest request for on boarding documents you have ever seen

High school certificates etc [emoji4]

Ohh you can pay a £50 chaps fee for a same day payment after timesheet approved

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    Last edited by GhostofTarbera; 21 July 2020, 14:44.

Comment

I've worked through Lorien in the past couple of years - decent rate, monthly invoice, paid in 14 days in arrears and no issue with payments. From memory, notice was 30 days contractor, 1 week client, but those are pretty meaningless anyway (might have been 1 week either way).

I never had any issues with on-boarding beyond standard stuff (proof of id, incorporation cert, insurances etc).
      Last edited by Paralytic; 21 July 2020, 14:48.

Comment

If going to a bank, remember to factor In your Xmas and summer furlough into your rate (Rbs for example starts around the 3rd of December)

Comment

no its not a bank.

GhostofTarbera do you work through them now or did in the past?

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
            If going to a bank, remember to factor In your Xmas and summer furlough into your rate (Rbs for example starts around the 3rd of December)
            Ive been at a retail bank with Lorien. They had a 3 week Xmas furlough. No summer furlough.

GoT, you needs to realise that your experience of a particular agency/client/sector/imaginary friend does not automatically extend to others.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
              Ive been at a retail bank with Lorien. They had a 3 week Xmas furlough. No summer furlough.

GoT, you needs to realise that your experience of a particular agency/client/sector/imaginary friend does not automatically extend to others.
              Imaginary friends not friend !!!

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
                no its not a bank.

GhostofTarbera do you work through them now or did in the past?
                In the past 4 times, 3 different banking clients

They are ok

Comment

Back in 2008 I did a gig through them. Was weekly payments.

Comment

Meh. Agents are agents. Good ones. Bad ones. Some good ones can be bad. Some bad ones can be good.
                    Unless they are really small and just winging it for 20% they’re all the same.
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                    X