• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Black listed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black listed

Hi All

I fell out with a manager a few years he then used his managers corporate power to bar me from 40 IT agencies, finding it difficult to get work. Any suggestions would be most welcome

Sent from my SM-N950F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

What does barred mean? You keep applying and just don't get any responses/interviews or they tell you they refuse to work with you when you call them?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

In a world of recruiters how on earth does one person go about banning you from working with recruitment teams across the country. This guy must be a God...either that or you’re blaming him for your lack of job success.

I think it may be the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by snmp899 View Post
        Hi All

I fell out with a manager a few years he then used his managers corporate power to bar me from 40 IT agencies, finding it difficult to get work. Any suggestions would be most welcome

Sorry, I don’t believe that is the case. There just isn’t that kind of a blacklist out there, we all know that agents would place their worst enemy if it meant commission.

Get that out of your head and have another look at your CV and your interview skills. I suspect that you’ll have more luck if you look closer to home to solve this problem.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Any suggestions would be most welcome
          In the construction industry, there were blacklists in place against union activists. Are you a union activist in the construction industry? If not stop being paranoid.

I upset an agent who then told me I was blacklisted. I politely yawned. A few months later, same agent was trying to get me to take a gig. There is no blacklist.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I don't believe this blacklist story. Looks like you are screwing up every opportunity you get.

Manager's influence doesn't extend beyond their team. Agents are not idiots, they will even sell their mothers if they can make few pennies out of her.

Stop watching conspiracy theory movies at least for 2 weeks and talk about how China benefitted $200 billion from this Corona virus chaos.
            Last edited by BigDataPro; 25 March 2020, 07:18.

Comment

There is no blacklist. End of.
              https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
                I've had pimps say the same to me, once I got into a very heated argument with one over OptIn/Opt out.

I did four weeks then left (client was as awful as the pimp). "I won't be working with you ever again." Pimp agreed.

Six months' later I got a spec from him, saying I would be a great fit.

qh
                He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Hi All

If you have any proof it is this manager's doing, sue him

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
                    A few years ago an agent tweeted about me with a #fakecandidate hash tag because I wouldn't give him any references. Another agent told me about it a few days later. Turns out lots of recruiters had been ignoring my cv because of this.

Edit:
                    Found this on twitter:
                    https://twitter.com/fakecandidates
                    Last edited by t0bytoo; 25 March 2020, 22:06.

Comment

Working...
                    X