• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 reform pushed back

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by perplexed View Post
    Yeah because Labour is the party of small business, eh?
    Labour is the party for Small Penises. Make your choice?
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Nothing is going to change. Clients have already done their assessments so they're not going to undo anything, especially because the ir35 reform is just pushed back 1 year, it's not getting scrapped.

Also, now companies have bigger fish to fry.

Comment

For those who still haven’t made decisions the floor is still open. Those that have made decisions still have the option to leave roles outside knowing that IR35 doesn’t apply until next year?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          But their gigs are still inside. Thst fact hasn't changed.
          No - the individual may now determine that they are not
          ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

I just woke up, glanced at my phone, and had this news on my feed. 5am and me laughing loudly!

Will this end up ever being implemented? I'm thinking probably not, because the way things are going with the virus the economy will be totally destroyed anyway. So maybe they'll look at it again in 5-10 years when the depression starts to end.

The other story on my feed, was that the Lords were accusing the Off Payroll Tax of delivering "rough justice" an approach which they observed forced genuinely self employed into false employment.

"The clear consensus amongst the committee was that a postponement is required at the very least" And hours later we have it.

Its dead. It was stupid and unjust. As I said before you cannot have people without the benefits of employment, but taxed as if they are.

Last edited by Contractor UK; 28 June 2020, 20:12.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
              I just woke up, glanced at my phone, and had this news on my feed. 5am and me laughing loudly!

Will this end up ever being implemented? I'm thinking probably not, because the way things are going with the virus the economy will be totally destroyed anyway. So maybe they'll look at it again in 5-10 years when the depression starts to end.

The other story on my feed, was that the Lords were accusing the Off Payroll Tax of delivering "rough justice" an approach which they observed forced genuinely self employed into false employment.

"The clear consensus amongst the committee was that a postponement is required at the very least" And hours later we have it.

Its dead. It was stupid and unjust. As I said before you cannot have people without the benefits of employment, but taxed as if they are.

Good point. If GDP takes as big a hit as they are forecasting (-5%!), then there is no comprehensible way that they would implement IR35 next year.

Personally I'm still working for my client till end of the month. I declined their offer of an Inside IR35 extension, so now I will revert and ask them if they want to keep me on as Outside IR35.

To make matters more complicated, I have a permie role lined up for June but it's a small consultancy so they may be happy to keep me off-payroll and go perm later.
              Last edited by Contractor UK; 28 June 2020, 20:12.

Comment

Bad news, was just declared outside by current client. Now the responsibility rests with me again.

Comment

Tbh when I heard about the delay my thoughts are that this is a stay of execution like last time but next time will be even more tricky as too many contractors will fall into the old trap of been complacent.

It really falls down to what cojack said (paraphrasing slighty) about much risk contractors are prepared to take and I say that staying in the same gig where end clients have declared inside and then chickened out last moment (with the announcement of a delay) and offering for the contract to still remain outside via ltd doesn't bode well for anyone who realises how much risk they are carrying.

My two pennies are market now has had a wake up call and time for contractors to find proper outside ir35 gigs.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    But their gigs are still inside. Thst fact hasn't changed.
                    But that has changed with some clients because they've made blanket determinations to cover their own ar$es.

I've done work for this client before when I was on an outside contract. The work I'm here to deliver now would still have been treated as outside, but not any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                      Labour is the party for Small Penises. Make your choice?
                      Does one have to be measured before joining? What about women and womxn?

Comment

Working...
                      X