• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Police Staff NPPV Level 3

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Police Staff NPPV Level 3

Hi Everyone

I've just been offered a job by West Midlands Police as Support Staff and I'm now in the vetting stage of the recruitment process.

It has been a week so far since I've sent the vetting forms and I have declared everything they need to know about my past.

However there are a couple of concerns that I have about this:

1) My father received a caution of assault on my mother on Christmas Day 2017 and as a result, I have ceased contact with him in the past year.

2) Financially, I do have debts (3 loans and 3 credit cards) and today my credit score is 657, which according to Experian (source of my credit rating as well) is a 'Fair' score.

For the past week, I have been bombarding (I sent a few) the Recruitment Manager with emails regarding these circumstances stated above and I'm beginning to worry that I will fail the vetting stage.

Does anyone have any advice?

Same as since the dawn of time time.

Give them any information they request.
    Don't give them any information they don't request.
    Be honest and open.
    End.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FashionHeart View Post
      Hi Everyone

I've just been offered a job by West Midlands Police as Support Staff and I'm now in the vetting stage of the recruitment process.

It has been a week so far since I've sent the vetting forms and I have declared everything they need to know about my past.

However there are a couple of concerns that I have about this:

1) My father received a caution of assault on my mother on Christmas Day 2017 and as a result, I have ceased contact with him in the past year.

2) Financially, I do have debts (3 loans and 3 credit cards) and today my credit score is 657, which according to Experian (source of my credit rating as well) is a 'Fair' score.

For the past week, I have been bombarding (I sent a few) the Recruitment Manager with emails regarding these circumstances stated above and I'm beginning to worry that I will fail the vetting stage.

Does anyone have any advice?
      Okay make yourself a cup of tea or coffee and relax if you sent this off to vetting and explained everything on the form; let me assure you that having done this 3 times myself for 3 different police levels including NPPV3 for 4 different forces this:

The wait is the most hardest thing (and trust me I had to wait 1 year for police vetting to be done) but you have vetting’s email address, ask for the SLA for your vetting bear in mind they have a procedure to accord your vetting to vetting times and no matter how hard you kick they won’t tell you red flags on your vetting (You do have a right of appeal should you fail but this is a very lengthy process).

If you panic now and try to pull out it won’t make a difference as they are already underway with vetting and checking through your background.

Your Line manager at the end client (west midlands police) will only be informed by vetting once it is done and will be given a very brief summary of why you failed/passed with risk markers but he/she won’t be allowed to discuss this with you full stop.

The recruitment manager (I assume agency end) will not know sweet fanny adams about this process and only be given an even more brief notice of pass or fail to inform you.

My heart goes out to you as the waiting really can worry people but at the end of the day just know your greatest asset in this is your honesty and vetting aren’t petty or nasty, they have to be completely neutral in making the risk assessment. So sit back and stop worrying or you will end up just playing the devil's advocate with yourself to the point of causing unnecessary stress if you keep thinking this over.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Same as since the dawn of time time.

Give them any information they request.
        Don't give them any information they don't request.
        Be honest and open.
        End.
        Thanks. Duly noted.

Do you think they will reject me under those circumstances discussed above though?

Comment

I don't see any reason why you would be rejected based on what you wrote.

It will however take time. A friend left the Met police back in early 2018 with a large pay off.

She got a job in November 2018 with the Kent force and eventually started work 6 months later - these things just take time (but I hope it's far faster than that) and there is nothing you can do to speed things up. It's not like references where I can get everyone lined up and have it done in 45 minutes.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            I don't see any reason why you would be rejected based on what you wrote.

It will however take time. A friend left the Met police back in early 2018 with a large pay off.

She got a job in November 2018 with the Kent force and eventually started work 6 months later - these things just take time (but I hope it's far faster than that) and there is nothing you can do to speed things up. It's not like references where I can get everyone lined up and have it done in 45 minutes.
            I understand that, however I know it took some people 1 week for their vetting to be passed and completed, so I'm not sure why mine is taking longer than that...?
            Maybe because of my father's caution? My name change?

Comment

I understand that, however I know it took some people 1 week for their vetting to be passed and completed, so I'm not sure why mine is taking longer than that...?
              Your local security team not doing their job?
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Hi I know it has been a while since you posted - did you manage to hear back for your vetting if so how long did it take ?? I submitted my NPPV level 3 11 weeks ago and have heard nothing I was vetted at NPPV level 2 in 2019 and that only took a week to come back. Thanks

Comment

Mine took about 12 weeks last year. Another offer and threatening to pull out (I did actually have another offer for an immediate start) seemed to focus the efforts and was then completed in a few days.

Comment

Took 3 months for mine once. I got really good at Worms Armageddon. That was pre-IR35 (the original), in the late 90s boom, so I was happy to live off savings for a while.

Eventually, I met socially someone who knew the director of HR of the organisation I was going to work for. I phoned the director and spoke to his secretary, dropping my new contacts name. She said she would make sure the director was informed. 2 days later - vetting completed.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X