• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to deal with dodgy agency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proper firms don't experiment with timesheet systems.....
    https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Originally posted by fidot View Post
      You've done 4 days work and have already raised an invoice? What does your contract say about invoicing and payment schedules?
      I wouldn't worry about bad agency reviews too much. Pretty much every agency will have bad reviews somewhere.
      Exactly. "Dodgy agency" hardly narrows down the field.

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Signed by who???
      The person who has management responsibility for the contractor.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Signed by who???
        His hiring manager you pedantic throb.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          His hiring manager you pedantic throb.
          We know this. I bet he doesn't.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

OP yeh I'm with the others, you can't just fire off invoices when you feel like it. Its got to be done as per contract.

And agency only got 1 or 2 stars. Good luck finding one with 5 starts - it'll be like checking to see if you've tulip a gold nuggest.

Petrol money? Seriously. Agent won't give two wanks about that and it just makes you look silly. I used to be skint and could only put a fiver in my car when I was 18. If you're finances are so bad you can't even pay for petrol thats worrying.

On that point, what are the payment terms? I hope you're not expecting money in your account day after invoice. Depends on contract terms could be 60 days. Of course, you will have read this and ensured you've got a source of money to live on until then?
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

This thread has made me smile while I've been on a particularly rambling standup call, so I just wanted to say well done everyone.

Comment

If I were you, I would give about 2-3 weeks to understand the pattern. They could be having a genuine issue. In my experience only TEKSystems is happy to pay weekly till now. Is that your agency?

Comment

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
                  If I were you, I would give about 2-3 weeks to understand the pattern. They could be having a genuine issue. In my experience only TEKSystems is happy to pay weekly till now. Is that your agency?
                  and
                  Capita
                  RSG

In fact the only time I've had other than weekly was with smaller agencies, or direct.
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                    and
                    Capita
                    RSG

In fact the only time I've had other than weekly was with smaller agencies, or direct.
                    Correct. Every bank I've contracted at has been through different agencies and they've all been happy to take/generate and pay weekly invoices. That's one of the benefits of agencies, their version of invoice factoring.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
                      I with Hays who, have been tossers in the past, but they pay me Thursday after timesheet submitted friday before.
                      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X