• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Agent blanketing all contractors INSIDE IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Agent blanketing all contractors INSIDE IR35

    I can't believe what I've just read... A recruitment agency, ironically named Stopgap has posted on LinkedIn to say that ALL Ltd co contractors will automatically be deemed inside IR35 after 6th April!

    I can just about understand clients taking this stance (in the short term) but what hope is there for true independent workers who have no intention of going perm?

    Surely this approach throws into question the legitimacy of their existing and past contracts which they always say are written for outside IR35 status

    Sent from my SM-N960F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

    #2
    Originally posted by ckms View Post
    what hope is there for true independent workers who have no intention of going perm?

    Surely this approach throws into question the legitimacy of their existing and past contracts which they always say are written for outside IR35 status
    According to HMRC you should pay what tax they say. Even retrospectively.

    HMRC need taking down several pegs.

    Comment


      #3
      HMRC's goal is to receive your salary payment, then pass on to you what they think is fair.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        HMRC's goal is to receive your salary payment, then pass on to you what they think is fair.
        If only you had seen this coming a few years ago and could go somewhere abroad like Switzerland....

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          According to HMRC you should pay what tax they say. Even retrospectively.

          HMRC need taking down several pegs.
          In time, after we have been through the ensuing recession, and the IR35 private sector debacle has eroded workers rights enough to make the news HMRC will get a good shoeing. It will happen. Not this year though.

          Sent from my CLT-L09 using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            In time, after we have been through the ensuing recession, and the IR35 private sector debacle has eroded workers rights enough to make the news HMRC will get a good shoeing. It will happen. Not this year though.
            Probably not this decade.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Probably not this decade.
              It won't ever - the government wants to erode workers rights and they've found a way to do it.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                HMRC's goal is to receive your salary payment, then pass on to you what they think is fair.
                That is not as hyperbolic as it sounds - one of the proposed versions of the RTI changes was for companies to remit gross pay to HMRC and let them pay the workers - this was proposed as a serious suggestion.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by ckms View Post
                  I can't believe what I've just read... A recruitment agency, ironically named Stopgap has posted on LinkedIn to say that ALL Ltd co contractors will automatically be deemed inside IR35 after 6th April!
                  Linky?

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                    Linky?
                    Changes to the IR35 legislation for Ltd company contractors

                    So they are forcing everyone to use their own PAYE option, I assume taking a fee for their services

                    Nicky Pearson on LinkedIn: Changes to the IR35 legislation for Ltd company contractors

                    Everyone feel free to jump in!
                    Last edited by SimonMac; 17 January 2020, 09:57.
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

                    I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X