• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Agent blanketing all contractors INSIDE IR35"

Collapse

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    I heard the opposite LAfosse declared all contractors outside (at least for my current client)
    The client themselves say they have not made a decision yet
    I declare you outside also

Has exactly the same weight as your agent doing so - i.e. heehaw

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Changes to the IR35 legislation for Ltd company contractors

So they are forcing everyone to use their own PAYE option, I assume taking a fee for their services

Nicky Pearson on LinkedIn: Changes to the IR35 legislation for Ltd company contractors

Everyone feel free to jump in!
    They deal with marketing though - and that is a different sector to IT with managers who are very good at discussing lattes not so good at making complex legal decisions.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    I heard the opposite LAfosse declared all contractors outside (at least for my current client)
    The client themselves say they have not made a decision yet

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Linky?
    Changes to the IR35 legislation for Ltd company contractors

So they are forcing everyone to use their own PAYE option, I assume taking a fee for their services

Nicky Pearson on LinkedIn: Changes to the IR35 legislation for Ltd company contractors

Everyone feel free to jump in!
    Last edited by SimonMac; 17 January 2020, 09:57.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by ckms View Post
    I can't believe what I've just read... A recruitment agency, ironically named Stopgap has posted on LinkedIn to say that ALL Ltd co contractors will automatically be deemed inside IR35 after 6th April!
    Linky?

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    HMRC's goal is to receive your salary payment, then pass on to you what they think is fair.
    That is not as hyperbolic as it sounds - one of the proposed versions of the RTI changes was for companies to remit gross pay to HMRC and let them pay the workers - this was proposed as a serious suggestion.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Probably not this decade.
    It won't ever - the government wants to erode workers rights and they've found a way to do it.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    In time, after we have been through the ensuing recession, and the IR35 private sector debacle has eroded workers rights enough to make the news HMRC will get a good shoeing. It will happen. Not this year though.
    Probably not this decade.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    According to HMRC you should pay what tax they say. Even retrospectively.

HMRC need taking down several pegs.
    In time, after we have been through the ensuing recession, and the IR35 private sector debacle has eroded workers rights enough to make the news HMRC will get a good shoeing. It will happen. Not this year though.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    HMRC's goal is to receive your salary payment, then pass on to you what they think is fair.
    If only you had seen this coming a few years ago and could go somewhere abroad like Switzerland....

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by ckms View Post
    what hope is there for true independent workers who have no intention of going perm?

Surely this approach throws into question the legitimacy of their existing and past contracts which they always say are written for outside IR35 status
    According to HMRC you should pay what tax they say. Even retrospectively.

HMRC need taking down several pegs.

Leave a comment:

• ckms
    started a topic Agent blanketing all contractors INSIDE IR35

Agent blanketing all contractors INSIDE IR35

I can't believe what I've just read... A recruitment agency, ironically named Stopgap has posted on LinkedIn to say that ALL Ltd co contractors will automatically be deemed inside IR35 after 6th April!

I can just about understand clients taking this stance (in the short term) but what hope is there for true independent workers who have no intention of going perm?

Surely this approach throws into question the legitimacy of their existing and past contracts which they always say are written for outside IR35 status

Sent from my SM-N960F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Working...
X