• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Forced To Take Time Off

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    winging
    I'm going "whingeing"
    Formerly Sausage Surprise but forgot password on account that had email address from old gig

Comment

Me also "Don't come in next week there's nothing to do"

iirc one IR35 case was won in part by a day there was some kind of fire alarm and the contractor was sent home (unpaid).

Can't see it hurting.

Comment

Has happened every contract I've ever had. In fact, this'll be my first one where it's one week and not two.

Very good for your IR35 status, if not your bank account. You don't have mutual obligation - they're not obliged to give you work, and you're not obliged to take it if offered (within reason ). A permanent member of staff would reasonably expect to have work found for them and have to take it.

My challenge is going to be finding things to do in the week they have graciously let me work (minus New Years day of course)
        ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          With that poor level of understanding of what you do you should have been inside all along.
          Couldn't agree more.

Comes here, asks one of the most stupid questions I've ever read on this forum, then replies with arrogance too.

I could MAYBE understand this ignorance from a newbie at the start of his contracting career, but not from a seasoned contractor.

Typical permietractor with zero knowledge of what contracting is all about.

Comment

Working...
          X