• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Forced To Take Time Off

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forced To Take Time Off

hi all

As a contractor, if i am forced to take 2 weeks off over Christmas does this potentially bring my contract inside IR35?

Thanks

No, in fact it's a slight indicator the other way since it demonstrates a lack of mutuality of obligation (they don't have to provide you with work). Bit of a PITA if you were hoping to make some extra cash before whatever next year brings though.

Comment

If it's an enforced break for contractors only, with the permies not subject to the same break then it can, if anything, strengthen an outside IR35 position.

Comment

Originally posted by vaware View Post
        hi all

As a contractor, if i am forced to take 2 weeks off over Christmas does this potentially bring my contract inside IR35?

Thanks
        You have had your contract reviewed by a professional (not your agent)? Or are you just whinging it like the majority and declaring yourself outside IR35?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

hi all

Thanks
          First contract, I see.....

Comment

No, in fact i have been contracting for over 20 years and it is the first time that i have been forced to take time off.

The reason for my post was because my contract is currently being reviewed by PWC so that prior to April 20 the company that i am working for can understand their status with all of their contractors.

I did indeed have my contract reviewed prior to commencement as i do with all contracts and it was deemed outside IR35.

Thanks for your responses

Comment

..my contract is currently being reviewed by PWC..
              nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
                Inside

PWR then offers 4 internal candidates

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                  You have had your contract reviewed by a professional (not your agent)? Or are you just whinging it like the majority and declaring yourself outside IR35?
                  winging
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

don't worry about the 'furlough' period and enjoy Christmas.

DO worry about the PWC involvement. It's unlikly to end well. As I understand their 'form' is worse than CEST in it's anti-contractor bias.
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                    X