• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vector Resourcing - Any experience of them?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All,

VRL in contracts is making a cause:

"VRL shall pay the Supplier’s final invoice submitted by the Supplier pursuant to Clause 1.5 only once cleared funds have been received by VRL from the Hirer."

Do you know if this cause is legal ?
    Now you need to generate invoices from their side based on your time sheet. Those invoices don't have any payment due date ...

Based on those 2 things you don't have transparency on your payment. "once cleared funds have been received by VRL from the Hirer" - it can be one month or several months because I'm not aware what is the contract between VRL and Hirer.

As I'm foreigner I don't know details about British law but from previous experience from continental Europe this cause looks very strange.

I will wait few weeks for my final payment but most likely I will be looking for legal advice from solicitor as I'm tired with this situation.
    If you have any advice or pointers please let me know.

Br
    NewinUK

Comment

The advice on here is to get your contracts reviewed and ensure the reviewer helps you negotiate with the agency to remove such clauses.

Reviewers people use are QDOS, Bauer and Cotrell,and any of the solicitors who post articles on the main site.

Btw we don't have "British" law we have English and Welsh law, Scottish law and Northern Irish law. This means while some of the legal acts mirror each other as they are passed in all UK jurisdictions others don't.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NewinUK View Post
        In the UK, as a contractor, you are treated as a business. To a large degree it's up to you to agree or disagree with contractual clauses. Nobody is protecting you.
        "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Yes, it's legal. Negotiate it out of the contract or walk away would be my advice.

Comment

It's legal and it's in your contract. My advice for now is make sure all your communication with them is in writing, and when they phone you up, either record the conversation and let them know you are doing that, or email them after the call with your notes, telling them that unless you hear otherwise, your notes are an accurate recording of what was discussed.
            If you're still struggling, PM me.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Thank you to everyone for your advises.

Correct me if I'm wrong ...

So theoretically they can pay even in one year time because always they can tell that they didn't receive funds and I'm not able to verify/prove this as I'm allowed to contact with customer about the payments.

Comment

Thank you to everyone for your advises.

Correct me if I'm wrong ...

So theoretically they can pay even in one year time because always they can tell that they didn't receive funds and I'm not able to verify/prove this as I'm allowed to contact with customer about the payments.

Theoretically they could claim not to have received payment.
                They could also tell you that the client was one of the worst payers they ever had.
                They could tell the client that you were one of the worst contractors they ever worked with.

Were you invoicing them from your limited company or from an umbrella?
                How long have they been withholding the payment?
                Have you contacted them and asked why they are withholding payment? (and if so, have you done so by email?)

To go down the legal route may take months and will cost you a lot of money (which you may get back as part of a court ruling or final settlement), but it is possible.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I hope you have been paid now.
                  If not, don't worry too much. I know them - they keep to their contract. Literally. If you are awaiting a final payment then ensure you write a formal email to their contracts department and ask whether or not the client has paid them. If the client has paid then they will pay you.
                  Like others have said, make sure you review your contract before you sign it - I made a mistake by not reviewing my current contract and then spotted clauses that I was not happy with when it was up for renewal - it's too late to raise the issue now, so I have learnt from that, it won't happen again.
                  Last edited by nottoobad; 20 January 2017, 12:35.

Comment

I made the mistake of accepting a contract from Vector without reading the payment terms (my bad I will not be making that mistake again). The contract ended on the 9th of June and I still haven't been paid or given a date of when I can expect to be paid. When you email their Finance team you will just receive an automated email back and there is no way to speak to them on the phone.

I have spoken to my umbrella company who have said that they have a few people who have accepted a Vector contract and are in the same position as myself. The umbrella company have been in contact with Vector but get the same automated email back.

Does anyone have any advice on how I can try to get them to pay the money I'm owed and also can umbrella companies apply late payment fees on my behalf? I have been reading up on the late payment of commercial debts act and understand that after 30 days if there is no payment date agreed then the payment is viewed as late but I am unsure if this applies.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by Hagans88 View Post
                      I made the mistake of accepting a contract from Vector without reading the payment terms (my bad I will not be making that mistake again). The contract ended on the 9th of June and I still haven't been paid or given a date of when I can expect to be paid. When you email their Finance team you will just receive an automated email back and there is no way to speak to them on the phone.

I have spoken to my umbrella company who have said that they have a few people who have accepted a Vector contract and are in the same position as myself. The umbrella company have been in contact with Vector but get the same automated email back.

Does anyone have any advice on how I can try to get them to pay the money I'm owed and also can umbrella companies apply late payment fees on my behalf? I have been reading up on the late payment of commercial debts act and understand that after 30 days if there is no payment date agreed then the payment is viewed as late but I am unsure if this applies.

Thanks in advance!
                      Phone them?
                      Contact us | Vector Resourcing - Expert Technology Recruitment
                      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
                      X