• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vector Resourcing - Any experience of them?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone successfully got Vector Resourcing to amend their T's & C's? and payment terms?

Comment

Well they don't make any amendments to contracts and because I asked, I have been withdrawn, despite an offer...cutting off nose to spite face comes to mind.

Never had an agency that wouldn't amend a contract or be flexible!

Comment

Originally posted by SurreyPM View Post
        Well they don't make any amendments to contracts and because I asked, I have been withdrawn, despite an offer...cutting off nose to spite face comes to mind.

Perhaps a little email or message via LinkedIn to the client would be in order, you can bet they are telling them that you didn't take the job because you demanded more money at the 11th hour!

Comment

Has anyone successfully got Vector Resourcing to amend their T's & C's? and payment terms?
          Yes. Just a minor one, but yes I did.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

You don't realise how important they are, in their own minds.
            They would sooner lose business than negotiate with a contractor. Contractors are so low and useless. They are the wonderful people who are only taking 25-30% off the top.

Comment

I'm not allowed to contact the client however I sit next to a PM who is best mates from when he was child with one of their Senior Managers so he is making it known that I didn't ask for more money and I certainly didn't withdraw. So I haven't contacted them :-). I can't be held responsible for the actions of others!!

The agency even sent an email, sort of a veiled threat.

Please further note that the terms contained in our Work Finding Services Agreement and agreed on xx still apply.

Comment

Does their work finding services agreement specify how long the terms apply?
                Does it specify the role, or does it just name the company? (Actually, knowing some of their tricks in the past, does it even name the company?)

Comment

I'm not allowed to contact the client however I sit next to a PM who is best mates from when he was child with one of their Senior Managers so he is making it known that I didn't ask for more money and I certainly didn't withdraw. So I haven't contacted them :-). I can't be held responsible for the actions of others!!

The agency even sent an email, sort of a veiled threat.

Please further note that the terms contained in our Work Finding Services Agreement and agreed on xx still apply.
                  Then just remove them from your LinkedIn connections before messaging the client on LinkedIn.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Does their work finding services agreement specify how long the terms apply?
                    Does it specify the role, or does it just name the company? (Actually, knowing some of their tricks in the past, does it even name the company?)
                    The agreement is generic doesn't name a company or the role, just me. and I'll check but I think it specifies 12 months..I thought the limit was 14 weeks legally.

Comment

The agreement is generic doesn't name a company or the role, just me. and I'll check but I think it specifies 12 months..I thought the limit was 14 weeks legally.

You could reply (if you want) mentioning that you are aware of the agreement which only applies if they have not misrepresented you. I would suggest you title the reply "Without prejudice save as to costs", since that is what they will do when they start to make false accusations against you.

Comment

Working...
                      X