• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Extension due end of this month - but Signed Agency Contract end date is wrong

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extension due end of this month - but Signed Agency Contract end date is wrong

My extension is due at the end of this month (I had a 3 months renewal in January - confirmed by client's HR).
    However, my agency contract reads "End date: 30th June 2019". I am pretty sure this was a 'mistake' on the agency's part.
    However I have signed it and worst of all I can't give notice.

I may have another option/contract coming my way which I would love to get.
    Is the contract between myself and the agency enforceable if they didn't have the client's commitment until June?

What would my options be in case I get this other contract?

Originally posted by zonkkk View Post
    My extension is due at the end of this month (I had a 3 months renewal in January - confirmed by client's HR).
    However, my agency contract reads "End date: 30th June 2019". I am pretty sure this was a 'mistake' on the agency's part.

Is the contract between myself and the agency enforceable if they didn't have the client's commitment until June?

Sub the work out? If it's c# Azure give me a shout
    Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

The client/agent contract is of no concern of yours. You have signed a contract with the agent and that is all that matters.

The best way out of this is negotiation. Speak to the agent and see what they say about the dates. If it is a mistake you could be doing them a favour, the change it to the proper dates and everyone is happy.

The other option is just to give them as much notice as possible and tell them it is what it is. If it's long enough and the agent can find someone else then again it could work out OK'ish for everyone.

Explore all opportunities of negotiating with the agent before you consider just breaching contract and leaving. It normally works out OK in the end, well after a lot of threats and grief from the agent.

Maybe also read your contracts in future...
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Have you spoken to the agency yet?

Before telling them you want to give notice, etc, ask them if your contract finishes this month or in June - tell then the client thinks it is this month.
        Don't mention giving notice or anything like that. If the agent is like most of them, they will want to re-issue contracts that meet the client dates. It reduces their risk.

...if you have spoken to the agent and told them what you want to do, then don't bother trying the above.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Client just checked paperwork from agency and said they are happy with the June date and they don't need to extend as it's not due until June... that answers my question then... stuck here for another 3 months.

Comment

Working...
          X