• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract Outside Public Sector vs Outside Private Sector - same rate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
    Was just asking because since the changes in the public sector I've probably seen 1, maybe 2 contracts deemed outside ir35 (out of maybe a hundred).
    Surely you then already knew the answer?

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
      Surely you then already knew the answer?
      wouldn't be the first time that inaccurate/fake job ads are posted by agents or do you always blindly trust job specs?

Comment

There are inaccuracies and a bit of fibbing yes but lying about the fundamental engagement model serves no one.

I've got a jobserve alert on at the moment and I'd say there are more outside than there are inside at the moment.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          I've got a jobserve alert on at the moment and I'd say there are more outside than there are inside at the moment.
          I figure there will be variances depending on the type of role you're after.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
            I figure there will be variances depending on the type of role you're after.
            That's a good point and if this is the case then he's got a real problem coming post April 2020.

Edit. Actually scratch that. He's got a problem now if most of his roles will be deemed inside.
            Last edited by northernladuk; 5 September 2019, 13:04.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              That's a good point and if this is the case then he's got a real problem coming post April 2020.

Edit. Actually scratch that. He's got a problem now if most of his roles will be deemed inside.
              Not really a problem as long as the day rate is adjusted.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
                Not really a problem as long as the day rate is adjusted.
                And the gig you are in doesn't extend (or is paid) after April.

Comment

my current gig (public sector) is inside ir35

Comment

Working...
                  X