• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Old or new name of Clientco on your CV

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old or new name of Clientco on your CV

If a company changes name do you change the name on your cv as well into the new name or do you leave the old name on it (or do you name both xyz company formerly know as abc company)
    I noticed just using the new names generate more responses from the pimps
    For example I had Cable and Wireless on it and now call it Vodafone

Old Name, with the new name in brackets.

For example, in the last 35 years you could have worked for:
    Beckman
    Beecham
    Glaxo
    International Clinical Laboratories
    Meyer
    SmithKline & French
    Wellcome

Then the mergers/takovers started to happen:
    SmithKline Beckman
    SmithKline Beecham
    Glaxo Wellcome
    GlaxoSmithKline

So, if it was me, I'd say for example: Beecham (GlaxoSmithKline)
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Old Name, with the new name in brackets.

For example, in the last 35 years you could have worked for:
      Beckman
      Beecham
      Glaxo
      International Clinical Laboratories
      Meyer
      SmithKline & French
      Wellcome

Then the mergers/takovers started to happen:
      SmithKline Beckman
      SmithKline Beecham
      Glaxo Wellcome
      GlaxoSmithKline

So, if it was me, I'd say for example: Beecham (GlaxoSmithKline)
      +1 to the above from me. I'd definitely keep the old name first as I was actually contracted to them but add the new name in brackets should the old entity not exist just for clarity. I don't think it's that important if they are well known brands but it's a very simple change to cover all bases and only needs doing once.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

+1 for name as it was during the contract with latest name in brackets for convenience/clarity and PFY agents benefit.

Comment

Which one will agents recognise?

I'd expect most to recognise GlaxoSmithKline but probably won't remember the days when it was Beechams. I ahve both on mine, though I tend to put the current and then "(formerly ABC)" afterwards.

So my CV says that I contracted at SopraSteria even though when I was there it was Xansa.
          I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

Comment

I always use current co name with no mention of previous name (don't see any real tangible benefits of doing so) except maybe if the old co name was really recognisable and the new one may not be?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              +1 to the above from me. I'd definitely keep the old name first as I was actually contracted to them but add the new name in brackets should the old entity not exist just for clarity. I don't think it's that important if they are well known brands but it's a very simple change to cover all bases and only needs doing once.
              This
              Do what thou wilt

Comment

Only two examples on my CV without much rhyme or reason.

Where the previous name was not well known, I changed to the current incarnation with no mention of previous name.

Where the previous name was well known, I left as is with no mention of current name.

Comment

Working...
                X