• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting at SSE

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear about your experience.

Only thing that 'leaving badge and walk' will expose you to potential contract breach. Why after you decided that you don't want to work there not just politely say to your hiring manager that you will be using your phone as much and for any purposes you consider right as that is not part of the contract (of course if it isn't) and you also will file compliant to their HR about colleague behavior and non-reaction to this from the manager? That probably will lead to pretty much immediate termination but significantly reduce likelihood of negative consequences for yourself.

Comment

Happier in the Long Run

If was the Penner Rd, site, in Havant...

You've done yourself a favour....next to sewage works, 20 mins walk to shops, 20 mins to station, no taxi's on rainy days, don't mention the toilets......
      Did you do the 5 or 6 safety principle thingly, including regulation holding the banister when using the stairs...........

Comment

Originally posted by SeekingIT View Post
        If was the Penner Rd, site, in Havant...

You've done yourself a favour....next to sewage works, 20 mins walk to shops, 20 mins to station, no taxi's on rainy days, don't mention the toilets......
        Did you do the 5 or 6 safety principle thingly, including regulation holding the banister when using the stairs...........
        I can remember the mission statement written on the wall at the stairs where looking after the needs of the customer was about 3rd on the list

Comment

Ah, I did wonder if it was Penner.

I went for an interview there and so completely unimpressed was I that I didn't wait for the agent to inform me of feedback. I just said I would not be progressing.

Sounds a bit IR35 heavy from a control point of view. So better off out. Good luck.

By the way, you say..."had a reputation for getting rid of clients at short or little notice for trivial reasons. " Do you mean '..rid of contractors at...'?

Comment

Fun Part the Memories...

Part of the fun of contracting is reminiscing about the bad roles, I remember discussing why the toilets
            always stank...
            Apparently, the site was used by Volvo before, for crash dummy testing, then circa 400-500 staff.

When I was there, there were more like 700+...

Of course no parking for contractors, so a piece of land close by, bod would charge £2.50 per day parking, fine, but insisted vehicles get close to each other
            so more vehicles on the land, never mind about dinged doors......

Comment

Working...
            X