• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leaving contract big problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1manshow View Post
    I don't always agree with a lot of your posts, but this x1000.
    I don't mind that and thank you.

You need to ask yourself, what end client is going to sue someone to work for them (who haven't started) who doesn't want to work for them in the first place? Could you imagine answering an interview question "Why do you want to work for us" with "I ******* don't want to work with you" and getting the job?
    Remember though, you have no contractual or financial relationship with the client so there is nothing they can sue you for. It isn't the client that is the issue. It's the agency who you have a contract with and relies on you for commission.
    I signed 3 contracts and just told the other two some bogus story as to why I can't do it and then ignored their requests to call them and discuss if we can make it work etc - just ignored them. I notified them I won't be working for them and that's that. They don't like it but they will move on.
    How long have you been contracting? IMO that's not a very impressive statistic. Got to look after number one yes but that's not a style I really like. Each to their own I guess.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      I don't mind that and thank you.

Remember though, you have no contractual or financial relationship with the client so there is nothing they can sue you for. It isn't the client that is the issue. It's the agency who you have a contract with and relies on you for commission.
      You can be certain that no agency will have the apetite to sue you.

How long have you been contracting? IMO that's not a very impressive statistic. Got to look after number one yes but that's not a style I really like. Each to their own I guess.
      This was in December, where I ended up getting multiple offers in a short space of time - I end up signing them to secure the positions but if I get a better one, so be it.

As you said, look after number one. Knowing what agencies/clients are willing to do to you without a blink of an eye or empathy means that anythings fair game for me. I am not going to change my ways to avoid them inconvenience when they have zero interest in my convenience.
      Last edited by 1manshow; 20 July 2018, 11:55.

Comment

Originally posted by 1manshow View Post
        You can be certain that no agency will have the apetite to sue you.
        Indeed

This was in December, where I ended up getting multiple offers in a short space of time - I end up signing them to secure the positions but if I get a better one, so be it.

As you said, look after number one. Knowing what agencies/clients are willing to do to you with a blink of an eye or empathy means that anythings fair game for me. I am not going to change my ways to avoid them inconvenience when they have zero interest in my convenience.
        Cant' argue with that.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I think he can claim sick pay now, phone your agent

Comment

Thanks for the "tough love" i guess, after reading that and a couple of others i told the tw*t where to go today. I think a couple of you though need to realise that this was only my 2nd ever contract and i'm not as experienced in this environment as you. I have been offered multiple permanent jobs before and signed contracts and then taken one of them and didn't bother with the other and no one, agency, company etc.. bats an eyelid. So like i said earlier on i think, if it was just me by myself i would've ignored or told this tosser where to go as LOT sooner quite easily but sometimes you just don't know (hence starting the thread here) and i had others to consider. Lesson learned anyway and i know now for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by MJR7987 View Post
              Thanks for the "tough love" i guess, after reading that and a couple of others i told the tw*t where to go today. I think a couple of you though need to realise that this was only my 2nd ever contract and i'm not as experienced in this environment as you. I have been offered multiple permanent jobs before and signed contracts and then taken one of them and didn't bother with the other and no one, agency, company etc.. bats an eyelid. So like i said earlier on i think, if it was just me by myself i would've ignored or told this tosser where to go as LOT sooner quite easily but sometimes you just don't know (hence starting the thread here) and i had others to consider. Lesson learned anyway and i know now for the future.
              Onwards and upwards!

Comment

Working...
              X