• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best Business Broadband

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Business Broadband

Off the back of my other thread! BT are incapable of keeping prices to what we agreed, so I can actually escape my contract if needs be at the moment.

Cable is out because we don't have it - so who is the best business broadband provider for FTTC "Infinity 2" with decent SLA's and, most importantly, static IPs!

Do you actually need business broadband, such as if using commercial property, or could you use home based offerings that tend to be cheaper due to more competition and uptake?

Not sure what merits there are to specific business broadband these days especially if looking at FTTC or FTTP. Reliability should be the same as it's the same network and many offer static IP for a small extra cost.

In the 'old days' it was lower contention ratio, prioritisation, and upstream speeds that seemed to be the biggest advantages (that I can remember) by paying more for business based offerings. Fibre takes most of that out of play.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
      Off the back of my other thread! BT are incapable of keeping prices to what we agreed, so I can actually escape my contract if needs be at the moment.

Cable is out because we don't have it - so who is the best business broadband provider for FTTC "Infinity 2" with decent SLA's and, most importantly, static IPs!
      Andrews and Arnold. Not the cheapest but reliable, fast and excellent customer service. They are also XKCD 806 compliant.

Been with them for years.

https://aa.net.uk
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

for FTTC they are likely reselling a BT service. They may have their own backhaul as well.

Look at samknows.com for your Exchange to see what's on offer as LLU.

As for providers.... Enta or Zen.
        Both do fixed IP and have UK support who know what they're talking about.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
        X