• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Full Stack

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full Stack

I see this term alot, plus i've seen a number of definitions, but they all seem fairly open ended, anyone know

of an accurate one?

Originally posted by ContractorMike View Post
    I see this term alot, plus i've seen a number of definitions, but they all seem fairly open ended, anyone know

of an accurate one?
    I don't know of an accurate one, my take on it (when referring to a developer) is someone who is capable of developing all parts of a process from the back end bits that no one sees to the front end bits that are the user interface and all the layers in-between
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

of an accurate one?
      It's the one the client was thinking of when they wrote it.

Comment

I thought it was a girl with big boobs?

Comment

of an accurate one?
          My understanding is it means you do front end, middle tier and back end. It does seem to be focused on the Microsoft sphere in my experience.

A simpler translation might be a jack of all trades?

Comment

Originally posted by Smeeton A Quiet Boy View Post
            A simpler translation might be a jack of all trades?
            This is my understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
              It's the one the client was thinking of when they wrote it.
              Normally written up by the same twat who says "close the loop", along with hand gestures.

Comment

Just means doing UI HRML/CSS/JavaScript/Angular/React work as well as C#/Java Server/API work, possible with a bit of database work thrown in.

Comment

Ten pancakes smothered in maple syrup ??

Comment

Originally posted by pauldee View Post
                    Just means doing UI HRML/CSS/JavaScript/Angular/React work as well as C#/Java Server/API work, possible with a bit of database work thrown in.
                    I've seen Full Stack in relation to COBOL programming. It's a term invented by someone who has nothing else better to do and recruiters who have no technical knowledge use at their own whim to describe a position that they don't understand
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X