• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Full Stack

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure it's a meaningless term. Or about companies being cheap.

Like a lot of developers that have worked for software houses or in small dev teams you have to be able to do everything.

When I hear full stack, I know they want someone comfortable working on the UI through to the database and all the layers in between.

It's a good prompt for me to say I'm not a full stack dev, because I haven't really worked on Angular, React, Vue etc. but I know html, bootstrap, javascript, jquery really well.

I don't think I've ever used the term when I've been involved in recruiting developers but I'm happy to understand that it's a general term that is a starting point in understanding the clients requirements.

Comment

I usually refer to myself as full stack but a number of agents have started using the term 'polyglot'.

Comment

Originally posted by pauldee View Post
        I usually refer to myself as full stack but a number of agents have started using the term 'polyglot'.
        that's a good way to filter out agents.

Comment

Can get even certified in the "Azure Stack" now.

70-537

qh
          He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by pauldee View Post
            That simply means the ability to use multiple development languages in one environment e.g. a different one for testing to developing in to deploying in or developing different parts of an application/system in different languages as it is quicker.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
            X