• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

help with background check

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    Did you not read the post?
    There will be a credit check.
    Rbs say a credit check is required but policy says they only do 1 in 10

Comment

And OP some clients will let you start then do the checks and walk you off site on a fail

Comment

I worked at one of the banks mentioned and recruited both perms and contractors into it. They certainly would take a dim view to any credit default, no matter how small or what the circumstances are. If there is a good reason and it was cleared before the person was onboarded, fine. We had one bloke have an outstanding electricty account of a few years for something like £8 which was the result of him moving home and the electricity company not botheing to chase. We also had another who had a £2K default on a credit card recorded about 12 months prior. However, it turned out he had moved O/S and paid through the overseas branch of the issuer - somehow the data getting back to the UK missed payer identification and it was sitting in a suspense account for 12 months waiting to be allocated. And when he did pay, the issuer kindly left the default listed with the credit reference agency. In both cases we onboarded them, but HR required us to get additional documentation from their creditors as well as enusre the credit reference agency file was cleared.

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
          no no no no no worse advice you can do

RBS have a Zero Default policy as to BAML and Credit Swiss, to if you have any - you are out

But RBS for example only check 1 in 10 people these days, to takes your chance

Metro bank, a late credit card payment and it seems you are exculded
          Have you been drinking?

CS are nothing like that.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            Have you been drinking?

Yes

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
              RBS have a Zero Default policy as to BAML and Credit Swiss, to if you have any - you are out

But RBS for example only check 1 in 10 people these days, to takes your chance
              Hi Tarbera,

Can you be definitive about RBS only checking 1 in 10 and how you got this info?

I got left with some defaults 5 years ago after a messy divorce - all clean since. I’m considering my options as to how to handle with RBS.

Also, I thought that unless you were a contributor to Credit Reference Agencies (e.g. a bank under the CRA reciprocity arrangement) then you could only get basic CCJ, IVA, Bankruptcy data - if the Agency (RS, AMS etc) is running the check, how do they get account balance, payment history, default information?

Is the bank running the Credit Report in their name and handing it back to the Agency?

Comment

What difference does it make? Apply and see what happens.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  What difference does it make? Apply and see what happens.
                  Because it changes how I apply. If they have a zero tolerance to declared defaults, but don’t check everyone, it might be better to take my chances that I don’t get checked. If they check everyone, it might be better to declare and plead.

Seems a reasonable question to me.

Comment

You mean don't declare it if you get asked and hope they don't find out?
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      You mean don't declare it if you get asked and hope they don't find out?
                      What would your advice be?

Their question is very poorly worded - it’s unclear whether they are asking or not. They ask if you have any orders or decrees as a result of defaulted accounts.

Comment

Working...
                      X