• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

100k perm + options its a Punt?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HealthyProtein View Post
    Edit: To add, you will also be able to legitimately learn and attend training on your employer's time.
    FTFY :P

Comment

Originally posted by HealthyProtein View Post
      Your opportunity sounds really good

If you genuinely think this is worth pursuing go for it, and 8-12 months down the line if you don't like it you can always come back to contracting if you prefer this.

Good luck.

Edit: To add, you will also get back 3 or 4hrs per day which can be spent on self-learning new things or whatever you enjoy doing.
      Problem is with a 3 months notice which you will undoubtedly have after 6 or more months it will be virtually impossible to find a contract

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        Problem is with a 3 months notice which you will undoubtedly have after 6 or more months it will be virtually impossible to find a contract
        No it won't.

You give your notice in an a month before you are free start looking for contracts.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

If it is how you have presented it then, imho, you would be a fool not to take it.
          "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            No it won't.

You give your notice in an a month before you are free start looking for contracts.
            Only if you want to take the risk to be on the bench for a while

Comment

Just to bring closure to this thread folks I have indeed accepted the perm role, am keeping the Ltd open until the end of the tax year as by then I will have an answer to the eternal question from the Clash (will I stay or will I go...), but 100k perm WFH with options mean I may be waving goodbye for good in a few months time 😢

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                Had a similar offer last summer, declined it as the hiring manager was a presumptuous, haughty, condescending, self-satisfied, stuck-up, arrogant, overbearing, supercilious, high-handed, superior, pedantic a-hole and I knew for sure I would be leaving within 3 months (of course I had the luxury of having a contract offer on the table at the same time as well)
                Yeah but come on not every hiring manger is NLUK

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  No it won't.

I did exactly that, 3 months notice, resigned chilled for 2.5 months and then found my first contract role 😎

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
                    Yeah but come on not every hiring manger is NLUK
                    Oi!!
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
                      Just to bring closure to this thread folks I have indeed accepted the perm role, am keeping the Ltd open until the end of the tax year as by then I will have an answer to the eternal question from the Clash (will I stay or will I go...), but 100k perm WFH with options mean I may be waving goodbye for good in a few months time 😢
                      Congrats Slip. I think it's the right decision, certainly if my experience is anything to go by. If you get to learn new tech then it'll put you in good stead for the future.

Comment

Working...
                      X