• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

100k perm + options its a Punt?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100k perm + options its a Punt?

Afternoon all

i have recently been approached about a perm role working along side a mate of mine. Good company, good tech etc. Offering 100k plus stock, WFH mostly . I normally contract out at 550-650 a day which is more but doesn't factor in perm benefits etc and I'm commuting 3/4 hrs a day on average, what does the learn-ed panel say? Take it or stick to contracting? It may be worth a punt IMO

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    Afternoon all

i have recently been approached about a perm role working along side a mate of mine. Good company, good tech etc. Offering 100k plus stock, WFH mostly . I normally contract out at 550-650 a day which is more but doesn't factor in perm benefits etc and I'm commuting 3/4 hrs a day on average, what does the learn-ed panel say? Take it or stick to contracting? It may be worth a punt IMO
    How much will the 100k be in 5 years (i.e. salary progression)?

Comment

No brainer for me. Take it, give it 6 months and see and then go from there.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Take it, if it works out great, if it doesn't then back to contracting - you're not losing out by doing it
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

For the perks that will no doubt come along with that and the WFH I'd absolutely take that.

Comment

If you believe hammond is going to introduce the public sector IR35 'changes' to the private sector on the 22nd (although implementation would likely be April 2018) then Id say go for it.

Comment

If you have children who are of child benefit age, factor that into any cost consideration.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                No brainer for me. Take it, give it 6 months and see and then go from there.
                Thats what I'm thinking, treat it as a 6 month contract, if it works out great, if not nothing lost really...

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
                  Thats what I'm thinking, treat it as a 6 month contract, if it works out great, if not nothing lost really...
                  defo this

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    If you have children who are of child benefit age, factor that into any cost consideration.
                    Also savings interest, childcare vouchers, ability to take money out of your company at a sensible rate... but on the flipside, pension, holidays, healthcare, equity and maybe even paid sick leave...

Comment

Working...
                    X