• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Three (!) week Christmas contractor furlough

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whinging twat

Comment

Arrogant whinging twat.

Comment

I have contracted in IB for longer than I care to remember and have only had one furlough during that time.

I have an exemption for this year.

If she thinks Barclays are so great it does not tally with myself and a good enough number of others that have contracted for them.
        Obviously team dependent.

However, lets say I have found them very "sharp" to say the least, especially when BD was at the helm.

Bunch of rich wide boys que "clenched hand shaking movement up and down"
        Last edited by MrMarkyMark; 20 November 2017, 09:01.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I thought winkies were not allowed in the professional forums?

Comment

Idiot. So much is wrong with that starting with the very untypical for a contractor attitude.

(and I've had two stints ot CS)
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by washed up contractor View Post
              I thought winkies were not allowed in the professional forums?
              Thanks for that, unfortunately the mention of Barclays tends to make me lose a little self control
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I don’t do banking and my last 2 bits of work at this client confirms why.

However even I know Barclays are a bunch of cowboys when it comes to how they treat contractors
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  I don’t do banking and my last 2 bits of work at this client confirms why.

However even I know Barclays are a bunch of cowboys when it comes to how they treat contractors
                  Its a real mixed bag in IB.

Barclays is one on my and others avoid list though. that's for certain
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    Its a real mixed bag in IB.

Barclays is one on my and others avoid list though. that's for certain
                    4 Times I have been at Barclays at various levels/roles, they have been good to me over the years and got me out of the soft sticky stuff when work was hardtop come by, but yeah they can be a tough outfit to work for as a contractor. Seen some great guys marched off site by security for doing nothing except being sat working at their desk when it was decided to "cull" some of the team. Last in first out rules apply and your gone. Some how the bosses there think this is an okay was to operate with contractors.

Comment

Furlough

Up until recently I hadn't heard of the word "Furlough" but next week I will be starting one. All contractors at RBS are being stood down from Dec 6th until Jan 2nd for the Contractor Furlough. Almost a full month without earning and with lots of outgoings... Gulp.

Comment

Working...
                      X