• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Three (!) week Christmas contractor furlough

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    Oi you lot leave PC alone... I need him to reset my Windows password tmrrw morning
    Then I would say you're screwed. Try calling Dave between 10 a.m. and 12 p.m., when PC is signing on.

Comment

Funnily enough I learnt today I am having a couple of weeks off over Christmas but as I was told at the same time as a six month extension I am pleased on balance.

There was one contract where things were winding down on the run up to Christmas so I assumed we would be off between Christmas and New Year. About a week before we were called into a meeting and told we were expected to work over Christmas. Firstly I pointed out the developers were off so there would be no work to do. Not a problem, management want you there just in case. Then I pointed out there was maintenance on the trains so I couldn't physically get to the office. Don't worry, work from home.

Gave up arguing at that point. Ended up turning my laptop on at about 1000 every day before turning off again at 1500.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        Im older than you think just maybe not as mature :-)

First IT role was COBOL programmer (in 1987).

oldgit
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

[QUOTE=BrilloPad;2482528]Did you go through JSA between each role? [/QUOTE

BP - you are a bit naughty lol.

Early days was permie so went from job to job. Have had a few JSA claims after redundancy and just the one between contracts.....
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
            Oi you lot leave PC alone... I need him to reset my Windows password tmrrw morning
            Windows????
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Contract is till end of Dec but last task on project plan ends mid Dec. Maybe i will be spending more time with the family this Xmas after all!

Comment

https://news.efinancialcareers.com/u...credit-suisse/
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                  Im older than you think just maybe not as mature :-)

First IT role was COBOL programmer (in 1987).
                  I was 11 in 1987

Comment

Originally posted by Bluenose View Post

I laugh at these peasants having to invoice for 4 days only in December, they deserve to be where they are.
                    Turned out the rumour was exactly that, just a rumour. Probably the result of a half overheard conversation blown out of proportion. Just two weeks from 18 Dec, much like most places that like to enforce such things.

Comment

"There are better banks out there that treat contractors decently – banks like Barclays, which recognize what we have to offer and aren’t out to squeeze us at every opportunity."

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

Comment

Working...
                      X