• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weeks worked per year

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigRed View Post
    Trouble is, I'm married to a highly efficient money spending machine who instantly thinks any contact is an ongoing steady state situation
    Boy do I know that feeling.

I'm in charge of revenue and she's in charge of expenditure

Comment

What I invoice and what I work are two very different things...

Comment

Originally posted by silverlight1 View Post
        Boy do I know that feeling.

I'm in charge of revenue and she's in charge of expenditure

Wifeium; newly discovered element, fastest money-reducing agent known to man.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Moot point for me, as can't bill more than 220 days per year with current client.

Still, far better than being on the bench.

qh
          He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
            Moot point for me, as can't bill more than 220 days per year with current client.

Still, far better than being on the bench.

qh
            Same. Same place methinks from previous chats.

Comment

Originally posted by radish2008 View Post
              Same. Same place methinks from previous chats.
              Yep. At least it's a known position from the outside rather than having a four week furlough sprung on you with three weeks until it kicks in.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

As few as possible to keep the bills paid and the retirement fund growing.

Just handed in notice to current role (too much travel, not enough personal time) so self benching. Planning to stay benched until at least August, so this year probably aim for 100 days which is what i'll aim for now for the next 8 years until I early retire

When i first started contracting 200+ days was the norm but I'm much wiser now ... let the youngsters work the extra hours, whilst us older guys enjoy life
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  If you don't know you don't need to know
                  I've looked everywhere on this site and can't find one. I really would like to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy O View Post
                    I've looked everywhere on this site and can't find one. I really would like to know.
                    Try a few posts back.

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    Not Cut Out To Be A Contractor.
                    It's an NLUKism.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernManc78 View Post
                      I would say base it on around 40 weeks per year so as to account for holiday periods and downtime between contracts. If your working 48-50 weeks a year each year then you're working too hard [emoji3]
                      It's a strech yeah, but it can be done. I'm there only for the money. My plan is to do contracting for a max of another 5 years, before I'm in my mid forties. It's a fu*up lifestyle anyway, especially if you're in London. Zero quality of life. I don't want to end up like my older colleagues, look like tulip, complain bout anything...
                      I'm moving then to Southern Europe, buy a nice house, enjoy my life with my kids and family.
                      Hopefully it doesn't end up in a gansta style- let's do another hit and then another one, and so on...

Comment

Working...
                      X